proximity grenade impulse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proximity grenade impulse?

Does anyone know what impulse is used for the proximity grenade launcher in the scourge of armagon mission pack? I managed to find the impulses for the laser gun and hammer. Also found the ones for the new weapons in DOE mission pack. I imagine that there is a separate impulse for the new grenade launcher too besides just using impulse 6 twice. If anyone knows what it is or how I might be able to find out. I would really appreciate it. Also, how many impulses are there total in the quake console? Is there a way to open up the resource files on the scourge page on the hipnotic site?Thanks.

-Legend
    Last edited by Legend; 01-31-2007, 12:53 AM.

after 3 minutes of googling i found this, but no impulse for greande launcher i'm afraid:-

impulse 225 - select laser cannon
    impulse 226 - select mjolnir
    impulse 200 - wetsuit cheat
    impulse 201 - empathy shields cheat
    impulse 202 - Dump all entities (developer 1 must be on)
    impulse 203 - Dump all live entites (developer 1 must be on)
    impulse 205 - Genocide. Kill all live enemies
    impulse 206 - Dump current position toggle. dumps the current player pos.

there are 256 impulse (0-255)

give 6a - give proximity bomb launcher
    give 9 - give laser cannon
    give 0 - give mjolnir

maybe try "impulse 6a" for proximity grandes failing that 6b?
    Yet I still beat you more easily than a hammer can beat a fresh batch of Rowntree's fruit jelly.
    The 300pingGOD ( july '98 )

Comment

I tried impulse 6a but it doesn't work. I'm trying to adapt Canadian sniper's dual weapons config to work with the 2 mission packs. I got the rogue one to work, but I need to find the impulse for the proximity bombs to make the hipnotic one work. I've tried just binding the command to doing 2 impulse 6 commands, but it doesn't work right because it won't switch back correctly. instead of switching back to the proximity bomb (when the proximity bomb is designated as the primary weapon) after shotting the secondary weapon, it switches back to the regular GL.

-Legend

Comment

haha is that omicron
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I took a look at the code, and there isn't a direct impulse to get prox. My only guess is that you need to add a wait command between the impulses: "impulse 6; wait; impulse 6". Or, another place needs the two impulses...

Comment

Pressing impulses twice can get tricky if you still want to use the original quake weapons (pressing impulses once) :/

Comment

I've tried using the two impulses combined with a wait command. It works as far as binding it to a key and being able to shoot a quick bomb. BUt the problem comes when the proximity bomb is selected as your main weapon and you the player shoot off the secondary weapon. It won't switch back to the PB like I want it to. Instead, it switches to the regular GL. I've been trying for days messing around with adding extra wait and impulse commands trying to get it to work, but still no dice. Thanks for checking out the code for me. Was there some sort of alias they used or was it just a toggle? There must be some sort of direct command to get the proximity bomb. I don't get how they could do it otherwise.

-Legend

Comment

I can see it KINDA working if you make aliases for each new weapon like so:

alias pnade "impulse 6; wait; impulse 6"

and put those in with the w# aliases to merge the config. But still, it's sketchy.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I'm playing quake again, this time on android using quake touch. Problem is when I use impulse 9, I get the hammer not the laser and nothing with impulse 0. I've typed it in and checked 3 times and it's not working. Are we absolutely sure these are the correct cvars?

Comment

Working...
                  X