VisPatching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VisPatching?

How do I VISpatch my maps so I can see all of the objects through the water in singleplayer? I would like to VISPatch all of them, including my custom ones and the ID ones. If some of them are already VISed, will it mess them up, or will it just overwrite?

easiest solution for reserving maps from being overritten wrong is COPY PASTE

The vispatch tool in Quake Terminus will vispatch the PAK files (maps inside them). I think it works if your original maps are in the maps folder aswell.

As for other maps, no I don't believe so. The vispatch tool was made specifically just for the original maps?

Comment

vispatching your pak files will mess up being able to play on CheatFree servers.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
        How do I VISpatch my maps so I can see all of the objects through the water in singleplayer?
        Answer: don't and you can't.

First, you won't be able to play at Max.

Second, just type r_novis 1 in the console and then r_wateralpha .5 in the console and you will get the same effect. There is absolutely no need to vis maps.

(Warning: r_novis will make computers using an old graphics card from 1996 go slow. What?!?! You aren't using an ancient computer -- ok, who cares about that then?)

Third, you cannot see objects underwater on multiplayer servers, unless they run vis'd maps and none of the ones that get any play do.

I wrote a guide to clear up this issue:

http://www.quakeone.com/index.php?in...&op=show&id=19
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Click it
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
            Third, you cannot see objects underwater on multiplayer servers, unless they run vis'd maps and none of the ones that get any play do.
            fvf.servequake.com = r_wateralpha .6 (plus monsters can see YOU underwater)

Pwnt

--edit (after reading THIS on that pic)
            1. If the server is running vised maps, you can see players underwater. None of the major multiplayer servers do this.
            Connect to FVF one day Mr. Green

Comment

OH S*** I alreayd vispatched thEM!!! Damit maybe i have a backup somewher

EDIT:::

NEVERMIND I FIXED IT!! *breathes sigh of relief*
              I only wanted VISed maps so it would look more realistic in single player =\

Comment

I tested out r_novis 1 and apparantly that allows you to see sprites through water as well. (tested it on fvf.servequake.com WHICH IS VISPATCHED AND SHOULD HAVE BAKER CHANGING HIS VISPATCH INFORMATION )

Comment

There is no reason for vising anymore....

Proquake client has a command you can put in your autoexec.cfg, pq_waterblend (0.0 - 1.0) - control underwater colour change <-

If it's set to 0, the water will only look like water when you rise out of the water otherwise it just lookes like your floating in the air because there is no water at all... thus it's similar to vising your map.

Only i think vising allowed the water to still be seen while your under the water, only it looked neater and clearer and stuff... but it's been too long since i had my maps vised to remember. ^_^

Anyways that's an easy solution!

K~Bye.

Comment

(Warning: r_novis will make computers using an old graphics card from 1996 go slow. What?!?! You aren't using an ancient computer -- ok, who cares about that then?)
                    It makes my P4 2.8GHz with a 6600GT go slow...
                    16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                    16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

I guess I'm posting from the ProQuake/JoeQuake multiplayer point of view. I used r_novis 1 with my 400 Mhz/Voodoo and GL ProQuake and did quite well back in '02.

It maybe video card and engine dependent. ProQuake is a no-frills GLQuake improvement that looks just like GLQuake. I've had no problems with JoeQuake either.

Currently I'm using a GeForce 2 .. which is pretty old for a graphics card.

Comment

Damn, it doesn't make my computer slow down at all, unless I set the resolution to 1024x768 on QRACK. I have an ATI Radeon 9550 with 256 MB of memory. Is that modern enough for you guys?

Comment

Working...
                        X