Help with Texture packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Texture packs

Hi im in need of help with modding my steam verison of Quake. I'm totaly new to the quake modding scence and have little know how to fully get things to work. I have looked around online and found some yoututbe guides and tried to follow them but im still having problems. I have got as far as getting the music to work, installing Darkplaces, Quake 1.5 and the Quake Reforged bestiary pack. I also tried the romi's rt lighting and it works but not with quake 1.5. The game just crashes if i place the pak file in the id folder of darkplaces. im guessing you can only use one or the other. but my main issue is world and water textures. i cant get them to work. the water pack ( Pretty_DP_water_pack_V0.55_Seven)shows checkered type patterns for the water. and the Rygel's 2.7GB ultra quality texture pack just crashe when I try to load the game. There was some info about visding your map files or something in relation to the water pack. But I did not fully understand what to do other then place the pak files and Visd_ maps pak file in the id1 folder and there was no info i could find on troubleshooting the Rygels pack. all I did was unpack the one pak file which was in the 2.5gb zip and put that in my darkplaces id1 folder. for the Rygels textures though I can see they take effect because the loading bar is totaly dif but the game just crashes back to desktop with no error and I dont no why. If anyone can help with getting either to work that would be great. thanks

Hi,

If you have problem with a specific mod, try removing all other mods and see if that helps first.
    There could be some textures in other mods/paks/pk3 that interferes.

Regarding the world textures I would suggest removing the Rygels textures and get the QRP ones instead.
    The downloads on the QRP site doesn´t work anymore cause the file host has been taken down though.
    Try searching for QRP_map_textures_v.1.00.pk3. Here´s one host it seems: http://vurkka.hopto.org/files/kwaak/...uring_project/

Good luck!

/Moon

– Moon[Drunk]'s Quake Graphics
    – Quake Revitalization/Retexturing Project

Comment

Working...
    X