Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low frame rate is bugging me at X-Mas Jam 2018 and 2019

Hello,

I downloaded the two mods, like descriped in the topic and I noticed that the FPS runs very low til 3, 5 FPS and I don't know what is the reason.
    To play those mods, I use the Darkplaces Engine. Maps like Hall of Shards, Chapel Perilous, Violet Fluid are very worse to play.
    The odinary Quake with the Darkplaces Engine or the total conversion Malice are running fine.
    I have an Windows 10 system, with a Ryzon 7 3700+ and Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Hi PSQ
    I'm no expert, just curious, but do you get the same result running it on the QuakeSpasm engine on the same PC? If the mod and the hardware are the same but the engine is different then it might be worth trying it again using Darkplaces with all the usual graphical enhancements turned off. If, at that point it runs ok, you could try slowly cranking the Darkplaces graphical eye candy back up until you find the trigger point. I recall historically that the Darkplaces RT lights used to fry my meager graphics card but as soon as I turned them off the performance returned.

Hope this helps
    Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

With QuakeSpasm the mods runnig well. In DarkPlaces make it no differences if I shut on or off all the effects, the mods are very slow.
      Is odd, why the DarkPlaces Engine slows them down.

Comment

I wish I could help but like I said I'm no expert on DP. It might worth mentioning it to the authors of those maps to see if they can suggest anything, or possibly even send a polite PM Lordhavoc to see if he can shead any light on your problem?

Kind regards
        Monty
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
        X