Correct way to mapping in quake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct way to mapping in quake

What I mean is, for example in Doom you for create maps you replace maps place (map1; map2; map3...).
    In Quake modding works alike Doom. Me for create two maps I made I just named one I made "football" and when I start quake I put console and write "football.bsp"
    Works me... but that's correct way to make a map.

You can name your maps more or less whatever you like, there might be some limitation in how many character you can use though.

If you want to start a specific map after you finished the first map you need to add an trigger entity named "trigger_changelevel", see
    – Moon[Drunk]'s Quake Graphics
    – Quake Revitalization/Retexturing Project

Comment

Hi REBELV
      To be honest I'm not 100% sure what you are asking here, but if your question is "how do I load my map called football.bsp in to Quake and play it?" Then you would first ensure that you place your compiled football.bsp map file in your quake\id1\maps directory and then once you have loaded your quake engine enter "map football" in console and press return. At this point your map should load assuming there are no issues with it.
      If your question is "how do i make Quake maps?" then a very helpful member here at Quakeone.com called dumptruck_ds has produced a series of step by step videos that should help you and guide you through the process.

I hope this helps

Kind regards
      Monty
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
      X