Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you compile the source code for darkplaces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you compile the source code for darkplaces?

I'm using the xonotic source code and would like to know how to compile it into a launch-able program file

https://github.com/xonotic/darkplaces

Whenever I try to build the engine I see the following error:
    Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Use NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is packages\sdl2.nuget.redist.2.0.14\build\native\sdl 2.nuget.redist.targets. D:\Source\darkplaces-master\darkplaces-sdl2-vs2019.vcxproj D:\Source\darkplaces-master\darkplaces-sdl2-vs2019.vcxproj 494

I have already went to Tools => NuGet Package Manager => Manage NuGet Packages for solution... and installed all packages related to SDL and SDL2 but the error is not going anywhere!

The GitHub page says "Instructions coming soon." under "Windows (Visual Studio)" but this is not helping me at all!

I am using Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise Edition and it is up to date.

I am trying to generate released 64 bit version of the darkplaces.exe engine but without success.

EDIT:

The GitHub page where I downloaded the source code of darkplaces has been updated and now Visual Studio 2019 builds darkplaces.exe only after downloading and installing the SDL2.Nuget with the Nuget manager of Visual Studio 2019.
    And by following all the instructions in the GitHub page I have also successfully built darkplaces-sdl.exe with both MSYS2 and MinGW64 but darkplaces-sdl.exe requires some DLL files in order to run and I don't know where to look for all the DLL files that darkplaces-sdl.exe needs in order to run.
    Last edited by ezwa; 09-25-2021, 09:34 AM.
Working...
X