Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkplaces help

I've got Darkplaces. works fine. Downloaded the Small.pk3 file. Works fine

But where you download it. There are many other graphic stuff.. like monsters.
    I've downloaded them. Where do I put them? They are in .zip file..
    Should I put the pictures in the small.pk3 file?

Also I'm on linux but I don't think that should stop anything :S

Thanks,
    Tom

If you are referring to using custom models and so forth, you might want to try these for starters:

DarkPlaces pk3 section:

http://www.quakeone.com/index.php?in...view&cat_id=17

For a pk3 file, you put the .pk3 file in the quake/id1 folder and DarkPlaces will automatically use it if you are referring to custom graphics/models.

If you are referring to a mod, you place it the quake/<gamedir> folder and either start DarkPlaces with -game <gamedir> in the command line or manually switch to the gamedir folder using the "browse mods" option in the menu.

If you are referring to something like Rygel's texture pack or something else, you might ask the guys at the #Darkplaces IRC channel at irc://irc.anynet.org/darkplaces.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

unzip the other graphics stuff into your id1 directory. Then load them into the directory that makes the most sense:

./id1/gfx/ <-- custom health/armour/ammo bar graphics
      ./id1/textures/ <-- custom textures
      ./id1/sound/ <-- custom sounds
      ./id1/locs/ <-- .loc files
      ./id1/progs/ <-- custom skins* and custom .mdl files
      ./id1/maps/ <-- custom maps (.bsp)

* For darkplaces you have to rename these skins by their mdl filename counterpart and add _#.png at the end of it (If it's a png file. It should be I think). Usually # will just be 0. Here are some examples:

demon.mdl_0.png
      dog.mdl_0.png
      armor.mdl_0.png
      armor.mdl_1.png
      armor.mdl_2.png

Comment

Thank you

Whats the difference between:

FuhQuakesque
        Neogenisis
        QRP
        Ogro
        Yellow No. 5
        Optimal

Comment

Where would monsters go?

Comment

If it is a pk3, it goes in quake/id1.

Do you have an example of what you mean by monsters? If it is a monster model (file extension .mdl), it would go in quake/id1/progs (like a replacement monster model).

Originally posted by Tom View Post
            Thank you

Whats the difference between:

FuhQuakesque
            Neogenisis
            QRP
            Ogro
            Yellow No. 5
            Optimal
            They contain various collections of replacement textures and/or graphics and such. You can put them in quake/id1 and start up DarkPlaces to try them out.

The reason I mention the DarkPlaces IRC channel is that DarkPlaces has more features and capabilities than any other engine and there is a really a very large ocean of things it can do.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Ah.. Im understanding it now.

the monsters file are called: soldier.mdl_0.tga like that. I guess they go in the prog folder?

Comment

With DarkPlaces, yes!

Comment

My water is rubbish.. how do I change it?

Also how do I make it see through? even on the settings in darkplaces doesnt do anything.

Comment

r_wateralpha ".4";

Comment

errr... where do I put that?

Comment

Type it in the console. (Press ~ to open the console)

Comment

It doesnt do anything at all.

Comment

Now type r_novis 1 in the console.

/Sniper didn't mention that part. Required for non-watervised maps. r_novis 1 is a bit of performance hit.

Comment

ah it now works thanks

O and another thing..
                              Where do I get sounds? I want new sounds when you fire and all that. Its still the normal quake at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X