Help with Nehahra with the Darplaces Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Nehahra with the Darplaces Engine

Hello, I ran Nehahra with the Darkplaces Engine. At first I used the command line:

Darkplaces.exe -nehahra to run it. It runs, but I can't access the new weapons like the autoshotgun even with the cheat codes. Then I run the game using:

Nehahra -game nehahra and it doesn't run, but instead gives me a message of "couldn't load sprites/smoke2.tga".

How to I load Nehahra properly with the Darkplaces engine? The Darkplaces documenation said Nehahra is officially supported.

What files did you use to install Nehahra?
    The Quake cheat codes don't work in Nehahra.
    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
      What files did you use to install Nehahra?
      The Quake cheat codes don't work in Nehahra.
      I downloaded nehquake.zip from the Nehahra homepage. I used the nehahra cheat codes, but still cannot access the weapons.

Comment

I tried Joequake and enhanced GL quake, and it all gave me the same error. Can somebody who ran Nehahra successfully tell me what engine they have and what command line they used?

Comment

Originally posted by yhe1 View Post
          I tried Joequake and enhanced GL quake, and it all gave me the same error. Can somebody who ran Nehahra successfully tell me what engine they have and what command line they used?
          I've run Nehahra with both Joequake GL and DarkPlaces.

I preferred JoeQuake, btw, because of the convenience of being able to fast forward and rewind the demos (and I took the experience seriously ... meaning I watched all the demos and wanted to hear every word and sometimes did rewind to make sure I was following what was going on).

That being said, I thought it looked 2x as good in DarkPlaces due to the atmosphere.

Anywho ...

Make sure you installed ALL 3 downloads off the Nehahra site. I remember the downloads being a little weird with them actually having the Quake folder in the archive location so be absolutely sure you unzipped the files properly!

I'll re-download Nehahra and double check everything and maybe due to the enormous unused file storage capacity on the downloads account, I'll upload a keep-it-simple-stupid pak set for you. Nehahra was kind of technical to get running. (24 hour turn-around so it'll be tomorrow evening).

Your command line should be c:\quake\joequake-gl.exe -nehahra -game nehahra with whatever else you need in there.

/Note the cheat codes are different when you are using Nehahra. I'll dig those up as well.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I re-packaged Nehahra some time ago to avoid all the hassle: http://www.quaddicted.com/nehahra.html
            Download and unpack that so the pak files are in /quake/nehahra .

If you think you need an updated engine add
            Darkplaces: The darkplacesenginewind.. on top at http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/files/?M=D , at the moment that is http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplac...80609beta1.zip

Or aguirRe's Nehahra exe:
            http://user.tninet.se/~xir870k/nehquakebjp.zip (it is named glquake.exe, maybe rename it to nehglquake.exe or something). With this engine you will not need to append -nehahra.

Comment

I re-packaged Nehahra some time ago to avoid all the hassle: http://www.quaddicted.com/nehahra.html

If you think you need an updated engine add
              Darkplaces: The darkplacesenginewind.. on top at http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/files/?M=D , at the moment that is http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplac...80609beta1.zip

Or aguirRe's Nehahra exe:
              http://user.tninet.se/~xir870k/nehquakebjp.zip (it is named glquake.exe, maybe rename it to nehglquake.exe or something). With this engine you will not need to append -nehahra.
              I ran your version of the repackaged version of Nehahra, and it ran, however, when I used the new cheat codes (impulse 222), I still cannot access the new weapons. Is this a feature or am I doing somethin wrong?

Comment

My graphics card is broken (so I have no OpenGL) so I cannot test that at the moment. Sorry. I am sure Baker will be able to help when he is back.

Comment

Wow, that's been needed for a long time. I re-downloaded them and then it hit me the mess of spaghetti it is even loading it.

Nehahra cheat codes:

Many emails received regarding cheats, they are included with the devkit documentation, but here goes:

MAX --- GOD MODE
                  MONSTER - NOTARGET
                  WRAITH - NOCLIP
                  GIMME - GIVE
                  SCRAG - FLY
                  IMPULSE 222 - Old Impulse 9
                  Last edited by Baker; 06-23-2008, 11:32 AM.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                    Wow, that's been needed for a long time. I re-downloaded them and then it hit me the mess of spaghetti it is even loading it.

Nehahra cheat codes:
                    Does impulse 222 give you access to the new weapons in Nehahra?

Comment

Does impulse 222 give you access to the new weapons in Nehahra?
                      It gave me all the weapons including the new fangled ones.

I tested using the following command lines after using Spirit's Nehahra zip as an install.

c:\quake\joequake-gl.exe -nehahra -game nehahra
                      c:\quake\dpnehahra.exe -nehahra -game nehahra
                      c:\quake\nehahra.exe -nehahra -game nehahra

The dpnehahra.exe and the nehahra.exe are supplied in the zip file.

Impulse 222 worked for all 3 situations. I bound impulse 10 to a key to cycle through the weapons and they were all there.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help! It works now. It was a binding problem.

Comment

Something else with the Darkplaces engine, when I use it to play campaigns such as Nehahra or malice, sometimes Ammo boxes or corpses will float in midair. Is there anyway to fix this?

Comment

That's one of Darkplaces' bugfixes that I love&hate so much. In most(?) other engines those boxes would be missing. They were placed right at walls and that does not work well in Quake. Darkplaces recognises such faulty mapping and tries keeping the items in the map. And that results in this funky behaviour. You can disable it with "sv_gameplayfix_droptofloorstartsolid 0" I think, but then the items are gone.

While we are at it, you might want to set the following cvars to 0 to get proper Quake gameplay.

sv_gameplayfix_blowupfallenzombies 0
                            sv_gameplayfix_grenadebouncedownslopes 0
                            sv_gameplayfix_qwplayerphysics 0

Comment

Something else with the Darkplaces engine, when I use it to play campaigns such as Nehahra or malice, sometimes Ammo boxes or corpses will float in midair. Is there anyway to fix this?
                              I think that dpnehahra.exe that comes in the Nehahra zip is pre-"drop to floor bugfix".

Comment

Working...
                              X