Help with Nehahra with the Darplaces Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kreaper View Post
    sorry for the double post, but i just had a quick question..
    downloaded the repacked nehahra zip from spirit and installed it and ran it just fine. but couldnt figure out how to get the effects and lighting that DP has to get going. the usual DP options were not in the options menu, it was all just like normal quake options. even had to go through the command line to get it to the resolution i wanted. i figured that one would have to type in the apporpriate console line to get these normal DP features up and running. (prettty inconvienient) am i doing something wrong? would like to have the full and normal DP options menu, but if not then just console commands would be better than nothing. please and thank you
    When you are running this, what is the engine version in the console? It should say DarkPlaces and then have a date. What is the date?
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

0709 2009. it works great... i just have the 2 pak files from ID... everything else is just pretty water, rygels texture pack, rtlights, torch fix and the new enforcer skin from the reforged site. that is to say it works great except for nehehra..

Comment

I'd recommend grabbing an old DarkPlaces from, say, 2005 or so for use with Nehahra. That would be my recommendation as recent DarkPlaces releases are far more driven by Nexuiz game updates than Quake as far as I can tell.

If that fails, ask on DarkPlaces IRC channel:

irc://irc.anynet.org/darkplaces
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

thank you very much for the input and ur time there baker. i will give it a shot when i have some time myself. cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X