Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The junkie needs some help again.

I try to launch with this command line:
    glQrack.exe -noforcemparms -conwidth 640 -conheight 480 -width 640 -height 480 -zone 1024 -bpp 32 -refreshrate 60 -mem 64
    but all I get is a black screen??!!!

How do I solve this problem?

Let me guess ... factory video card?

You might have to Win ProQuake it. Or get a GeForce or a Radeon.

What does it say you have on this screen?

Right click on the desktop --> Properties --> Settings
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

It says the same things as your screenshot and I have a Geforce3

How can I solve this problem?

Comment

install the latest drivers and encoders?

Comment

But how can a game with 10 years to its neck fail on my computer?

Comment

It's not the game, it's the game engine that you're attempting to run. To get something working for sure, get winquake or winquakepro. They're much simpler to run than the new Quake Engines.

Comment

Its the same concept as trying to run old DOS games from 1990 on your 2006 computer. I don't use QRack for Multiplayer, only Singleplayer. GLPRO is alot more reliable and simpler to use.

Comment

I´ve got winquake now but the file is small as hell no way that it could be the whole game: As you can see I´m very confused, all I want is the full singleplayermode to run properly. Can you tell me EVERYTHING i need to download and where to get it. See it as a turtoial for the dumb.
                Last edited by Juggernaut; 04-03-2006, 07:59 AM.

Comment

First let's create a directory to where we'll be keeping quake. You can put it where ever you want and I'll just refer to it as ~/quake/

1) Create the folder ~/quake/id1/
                  2) from your Quake CD or resource, copy the two pak files (pak0.pak and pak1.pak) and paste them into your ~/quake/id1/ folder.

At this point you have the entire game in that directory and now you just have to get yourself a quake engine to run the game. You can use any of the defaults that come with the CD but I really recommend getting ProQuake (GLquake over Winquake if you can support it). I suggest this because ProQuake fixed most of the bugs caused in GLquake.

So now put the engine in your ~/quake/ folder and you should be ready to role. The game should run so try it and if you run into any problem just come back here

good luck

-- What you have to understand is winquake and Qrack are just the game engines that use the game files to play. The game isn't inside Qrack or WinQuake.

Comment

Done everything you told me but my computer says " input not supported" but I was told that it has do do with my flat screen.

Jugger.
                    Last edited by Juggernaut; 04-03-2006, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggernaut
                      I´ve got winquake now ... Can you tell me EVERYTHING i need to download and where to get it.
                      On the FreeQuake page, the second download was ProQuake and I suggested running Win ProQuake in my post. If you had installed all 3 of those downloads, then you already had ProQuake on your computer, so I didn't tell you where you could get Win ProQuake ... perhaps a bad assumption on my part.

And yes, a GeForce 3 should run GL fine. Does GL ProQuake work?
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                      X