Mac OSX LAN to WinXP Quake or Q3TA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac OSX LAN to WinXP Quake or Q3TA?

Hi all - Ive been searching the forums for LAN help but can only find multiplayer via servers help. Can someone help?

Id LOVE to play over my LAN at home - I have OSX 10.5 running Quake 1 demo and Win XP running Quake 1 Full edition - Cant seem to get them to connect to each other.

Also can I run Quake 3 and Team Artena on my Mac OS 10.5 as well?

Thanks all for your help

On say the Windows machine, type coop 1 and maxplayers 2 in the console and then type map start.

Type status; it should show your ip address.

On the Mac, type connect <insert ip address>

Play.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Hey Baker!

Thanks so much for that! And thanks to this KILLER forum - It was mentioned in the latest Apple Gazette Podcast Glad to have found you guys

Comment

Help Im stuck - The screen on the Mac says "Patching server address - Connection accepted" then just says at the ] stage....

How do I get back to the screen to start playing?

Comment

Hitting the esc key takes me back to the menu...... Ive also just downloaded ProQuake. Can I use that as a multiplayer too? Ive tried to connect them but cant

Comment

Hmmm. Its just getting stuck. Not much you can do from there I don't think.
            I'm not sure about connecting macs and pcs for quake. I have only connected multiple macs to quake with my brothers. And that was in the days of OS7 or 8 when quake first came out.
            SpeakNow.QuakeOne.Com
            [email protected]
            AIM - EMHof1

Comment

I've played countless games with my Mac and Windows machines connected. It makes no difference with Quake what operating system a machine is using because of the way Quake is designed, it uses it's own protocol, etc. etc.

Use ProQuake on the Mac www.quakeone.com/proquake (and on Windows too).

Another alternative is to use DarkPlaces.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

...and Im really stupid, sorry (still trying to remember back 10 years when I played Quake 1) but do I need a registered version of Quake 1 for Mac to play proquake or not?

I know the original Quake can only be played on OS9 so I downloaded GLQuake and it works fine in single player mode, but cant it get to join my network and play Multiplayer.

I have a retail version of Quake on PCXP, and GLQuake on my 3 Macs running Leopord and am trying to get them to connect all to each other.

Thanks for the continuing help guys...

Comment

Connecting them is just basic TCP/IP functionality, no different than browsing the web on a Mac or Windows. If you're stuck, maybe try using the Multiplayer menu rather than the console, and maybe also check out firewall settings on each box.

If you have the full registered Quake on your XP box, you should just be able to copy across the PAK1.PAK file to your Mac to also get it there. Easy as pie.
                  IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks it was my f++king firewall - Its all good now - Im a happy little grunt!

So basically to recap I only need pak1.pak and say proquake or something to play quake 1 head to head over lan? What about nude skins etc.. How do I install them or should I start a new thread?

Comment

Or is that just for Quake Team Arena?

Comment

Working...
                      X