Qrack problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by khaos4wood View Post
    Sorry, I kinda forgot about this topic for a few days.

The error is:

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_37.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

An yeah, I know my way around a computer. I'm stuck with PCI, and I've got no money at all (still only 16). I've got like $10-$15 on a newegg gift card though, maybe I'll be able to spend that on something.
    this is for DirectQ?
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Yeah, that is the error for directq.

Comment

Look guys, good intentions plus hardware that just can't do it is truely a waste of time I hate to say.

Dude, that graphics card isn't going to run any OpenGL or Direct3D engine.

Period.

Believe me, I know.

People can bend over backwards trying to help you, but it is wasted time. Even if you can't afford a newer graphics card doesn't change the fact that what you are trying to do is impossible with the one you have.

This is like trying to run, say, the Marcher Fortress on a computer with 32 MB of RAM. It just isn't going to happen and the error message means nothing.

A Matrox Millenium G200 can't even run GLQuake with more than a few FPS; it couldn't then and it sure as hell isn't going to be able to do it today either.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Christmas IS just around the corner!

Comment

Originally posted by Nafets View Post
            D3dx9_37.dll and Xinput1_3.dll; Both of them should be put in your windows\system32 directory. You can download each from the links provided or you can mess with extracting those two files from the ~100MB MS DirectX Redistributable (August 2009). Either way is fine.
            I'd prefer if you downloaded these from MS rather that from some other site, you can be more certain of what it is you're getting that way. You don't need to download the full DirectX redistributable, just use the web setup (current version: Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime) and it will only download the files you need.

This error seems to catch a few people, so I've put up a post explaining what's causing it and why it happens: mhquake: This application has failed to start because d3dx9_38.dll was not found.
            IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

You could probably get a cheap $40 card on newegg, or even cheaper used on ebay which would be 40x faster than what you have.. I remember that card came out before the voodoo2

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                A Matrox Millenium G200 can't even run GLQuake with more than a few FPS; it couldn't then and it sure as hell isn't going to be able to do it today either.
                I understand that. So, I need a D3D engine.

If this was all about just playing some quake, Fitzquake runs fine on my machine and it's what I currently use when I decide to play. I was just hoping I could use Qrack, and since that doesn't seem possible I started looking for another engine similar to it that would run on my machine. But, I guess it doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Why would you say that the G200 won't even be able to run a D3D engine? I mean, it can run plenty of other D3D games that came out at around the time, and plenty of games that came out later.

Actually, nevermind, I don't care enough anymore (not flaming).
                Last edited by khaos4wood; 11-03-2009, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I understand that. So, I need a D3D engine.

If this was all about just playing some quake, Fitzquake runs fine on my machine and it's what I currently use when I decide to play. I was just hoping I could use Qrack, and since that doesn't seem possible I started looking for another engine similar to it that would run on my machine. But, I guess it doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Why would you say that the G200 won't even be able to run a D3D engine? I mean, it can run plenty of other D3D games that came out at around the time, and plenty of games that came out later.

Actually, nevermind, I don't care enough anymore (not flaming).
                  I wasn't flaming. I do feel for your situation.

Running a d3d game from that era isn't the same as running, say, even the directq d3d quake engine. I remember those games.

I was expressing my [absolutely valid] personal opinion that trying to run Qrack on that video card is ... frankly ... a waste of YOUR time and a waste of the time anyone kind enough to respond is spending on it.

That isn't a flame. It is an accurate description of the situation.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

GET DirectQ, your whole issue isnt with this or that about Qrack, its about getting Quake to run on your rig.

Comment

eBay ? Graphics, Video TV Cards and items on eBay.com. Find IT on eBay.

The error you posted only pertains to your current version of DirectX is not updated enough (9.0c .....)

Once you upgrade your Windows component (DX9.0c) , that error will go away with D3DQuake/other engines.

As suggest,the video card you have is futile,but your only hope is a cheap PCI/AGP like in that list (6days left,.01cents bid,free shipping?!) ===========OR==========

Software-Driven Quake, with low-viewscreen (using + or - , normally..) and LOW-RESOLUTION. JoeQuake is the sexiest that software quake can or will be offered in nonD3D/nonGL. DO NOT USE extra textures or crap first dumb down Quake as far as you can,then tweak as much as possible.

I recommend bidding on those cheap ass PCI/AGP cards that are staarting bid 1 penny.

This boils down to ability to find "A means to an end" with you playing Quake,and how much drama is involved vs how much effort it actually takes to obtain the ends.I recommend nothing less than the Geforce FX5500
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Good news guys - some opportunities have arisen to where I can make about $125, and I've got a close friend who's willing to sell me his laptop for $100. Can't remember the exact specs on it (he only had it for like 2 weeks before he loaned it to a friend, who still has it after 5-6 months), but I do remember that it was enough to max morrowind at 1600x1200 with texture/model upgrade mods, and it could play Oblivion on low-mid settings. This means that it'll run most of the games that I've been wanting to play (Orange Box, L4D, possibly Diablo 3, Morrowind/Oblivion, and jesus christ I hope it'll run FO3)

Comment

Good news guys - some opportunities have arisen to where I can make about $125, and I've got a close friend who's willing to sell me his laptop for $100. Can't remember the exact specs on it (he only had it for like 2 weeks before he loaned it to a friend, who still has it after 5-6 months), but I do remember that it was enough to max morrowind at 1600x1200 with texture/model upgrade mods, and it could play Oblivion on low-mid settings. This means that it'll run most of the games that I've been wanting to play (Orange Box, L4D, possibly Diablo 3, Morrowind/Oblivion, and jesus christ I hope it'll run FO3)

That'd sure solve your problem Glad to hear it.

Comment

Working...
                          X