how to fix refresh rate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to fix refresh rate?

got proquake 4 on winxp, using a crt monitor, windows settings for my video card are at 85hz, but in game i'm getting 60hz,

there's options to change the refresh in game but it won't apply changes or switch , command line isn't doing anything either...

any ideas?

Add the following line to your autoexec.cfg or edit your config.cfg;

vid_refreshrate 85

You can also adjust your maximum FPS with;

pq_maxfps

Comment

This isn't the first time someone has said ProQuake doesn't always detect all the available refresh rates. I'll need to play around.

One solution is:

vid_vsync 0
      pq_maxfps 85

(Although technically this is suboptimal).

I'll check it out next time I have a chance.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

hey guys,

thanks for the replies... however no luck yet. Any other ideas?

Comment

check your gfx cards driver, and set vertical synq (or equivalent setting) to always off (force off)

Comment

anyone have any idea how to do that for a nvidia geforce card?

Comment

in the nvidia control panel go to manage 3d settings

Comment

guys, I found a program that solves this issue:

RefreshLock Home Page

I can now play quake with 100hz refresh rate! YES!

Comment

I dont think IMHO that vid_vsync 0; cl_maxfps 100 is the same as native 100hz on the driver. To me it just feels different even though then little number on the screen is the same. Some report mouselag, though I never had until upgrading from DirectX v7. Even so I get screen tearing with vsync off (vid_wait maybe?). But usually, setting the driver to your desired refreshrate would also set the minimum in Quake.
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                  X