Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sushi's wqpro problem

Originally posted by sushi
    Hey man, your Easily fixed gfx.wad,etc. stickied post links to the main page....i was gonna look b/c i had some problems

1. Couldnt'f find gfx.wad
    2. Bad Surface Extent

Also, I was curious...if u knew why WQPRO only gives me 60fps at 640x480....but when i drop it down to the minimal res (i think 430x320 or something) I am able to get around 500 fps?

Then in GLpro i can get 800-900 easily if i maxfps it at 900.

DOesn't make sense....and i love wqpro!

This is on my new pc:
    Windows 7 ultimate 64bit, duo core 3.0ghz, 4gig ram, HD 4670 vid card
    Adding -dibonly to a WinQuake command line or wqpro command line will increase your maximum fps to beyond the vertical sync of your monitor.

An OpenGL engine is going to get far more frames per second due to hardware acceleration than the software renderer versions (wqpro, winquake, etc) especially at higher resolutions [except if your graphics card can barely run glquake, obviously].
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...
Working...
X