Mouse help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse help

I just downloaded quake, i have played this game from the demo in 95. But i cant remember the command to typ in the console to make my mouse to able to look around? It says to click MOUS3 but just want to be able to turn and look by moving my house. Can any one help please?

you could just hit the slash button "/"

..or you could type in +mlook into the console, they do the same thing.

Also if you dont have a file called autoexec.cfg in your ID folder

make that, and at the top add +mlook
    Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

When i do typ in +mlook in the console i then can no longer use my mouse to look left a right? i just want my mouse to have the 360 look.

Comment

Thats exactly what it should be doing.
        Is it not?

Comment

Disable lookstrafe and lookspring.. (these are only meant to be used with +strafe or keyboard only aim, which no one in their right mind should ever do )

Mind you, if you strafe using a +strafe button and move sideways with the mouse while that button is pressed, then you can not also turn with the mouse at the same time.. this is big handicap (believe me, i know.. i played for 10+ years like that )

Instead one should strafe with the +moveleft and +moveright buttons and only use the mouse for turning (as opposed to strafe as well). Add +mlook to autoexec.cfg and never ever again touch a mouselook button (in fact one should remove the bind for it out of their .cfg)

Comment

Ahhhh didnt think of that.
            Also, I should probably remove the +mlook bind hahahaha, Ive hit it twice this year and gone...wtf?

Comment

Working...
            X