Broken link, can you relink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken link, can you relink?

Yo, a lot of the stuff on this site is broken...I was wondering if you could relink them.

Most importantly is the stickied thread above called "Easily Fix Glide2x.dll Error, GFX.wad Error, etc." Once you enter the thread and click on the link, it sends you to the quakeone.com main page.

I think this would help a lot of people if you could relink this please, thanks

I can't find that post either, hmm...

I'd recommend checking that you have both PAK0.PAK and PAK1.PAK files inside your ID1 folder.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by sushi View Post
      Yo, a lot of the stuff on this site is broken...I was wondering if you could relink them.

Most importantly is the stickied thread above called "Easily Fix Glide2x.dll Error, GFX.wad Error, etc." Once you enter the thread and click on the link, it sends you to the quakeone.com main page.

I think this would help a lot of people if you could relink this please, thanks
      Delete or rename opengl32.dll in the Quake folder.

Yes, the site needs some TLC in the downloads sections, the links section and the "fixing error messages" department. Will gradually happen.

A week ago I updated this, for instance, Quake Navigator ... but updating things takes time and energy and so many little things on my to do list (add sound download to ProQuake, fix console width in ProQuake OS X, try to build JoeQuake on OS X, set up download depot, PHP server browser feed, etc. etc.)
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yah man, I know it's a lot of work...esp with such a small number of you guys doing it. I was just trying to point out which items that I noticed were broken, as to inform you guys. =]

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
          Delete or rename opengl32.dll in the Quake folder.

Yes, the site needs some TLC in the downloads sections, the links section and the "fixing error messages" department. Will gradually happen.

A week ago I updated this, for instance, Quake Navigator ... but updating things takes time and energy and so many little things on my to do list (add sound download to ProQuake, fix console width in ProQuake OS X, try to build JoeQuake on OS X, set up download depot, PHP server browser feed, etc. etc.)
          Hmm....i searched and I dont have an opengl32.dll in my folder. I am still getting that bad surface extent...sucks...

Also, do you happen to know why I get icon'd for about 2-3 seconds whenever i drop into or go out of the water? Same thing when I eyecam someone and they do it....is it from my GPU or my sound or something?

And sometimes, when i jump my ping spikes up...

Boy am I having a lot of trouble with this quake ever since i came back lol
          Last edited by sushi; 12-02-2009, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sushi View Post
            someone and they do it....is it from my GPU or my sound or something?
            Please tell us more about your PC, what CPU, Motherboard, Video Card, Ram internet connection etc... you have

also what Quake client are you using?
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

sushi2 ?
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Please tell us more about your PC, what CPU, Motherboard, Video Card, Ram internet connection etc... you have

also what Quake client are you using?
                GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-UD3LR LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
                GIGABYTE GV-R467ZL-1GI Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
                Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
                Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
                CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Nothing is OC'd b/c I thought quake didnt like that, so i set it back to normal..but quake's still not liking it lol.

I'm using GLPRO 4.0 zeta, but i've tried 3.50, 3.97
                I used to use winquakepro, but found better fps with GL
                I have comcast cable, using an Asus wireless router (but i am connected via ethernet)
                PC running on Windows 7 ultimate
                (I disabled desktop composition & made it run on xp3 and I THINK it dropped my ping by like 2-3...which is...neat haha)
                Temp-wise, my system's running at bout 35-37 and GPU running at 37 (without quake on...haven't tested temps with it running)

Let me know if you need more info, thanks.

Btw, no im not sush12

Comment

Try this executable:

http://quakeone.com/proquake/src_int...400_test_3.zip

Use -window in the command line.

How well does that work for you? It may solve your problems. And there will be an update of that version of ProQuake 4 soon with the ALT-TAB issue fixed (MH did another direct3d update), so if that one works for you then it then next one will be even better.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                  X