please please please!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please please please!!!!!

For the past three days i've been messin around with quake and was interested in editing maps....this is where my frustration starts, i've tried running wc and quark and they both pull up errors usually with the bsp file im completly lost on that 1 i loaded txqbsp and treeqbsp and set it up in the game config but when i try to run {after savind and exporting map} it locks up and mentions the bsp error. im pretty sure im missin a list of steps that im oblivious to typical noob style , if some one could help me out and baby me through this id owe you many man hours walking in circles please help i love this game and want to build on it

i also cant figure out how to install maps people have made as bsp files am i supposed to add it to the game pak or what cause a walk through on a site said add to ...\id1\maps does not exist in my version or the shareware version any advice other then sarcasim would be appreciated
    Last edited by Mental6990; 12-01-2009, 09:48 PM. Reason: tags

For tough mapping questions, ask at the Mapping Help thread at Func_Msgboard. Provide as much detail as possible.

For custom maps, they go in your quake/id1/maps folder. Where is that? Type "path" in the console in Quake and it will tell you where the Quake folder is. If there isn't a maps folder in quake/id1, open the folder in Explorer and then make a maps folder and put custom maps there.

If you have only shareware Quake, you can't run custom maps. You need registered Quake for that, unless you are using DarkPlaces ( http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/ ) which will run maps even when models and sounds are missing.
    Last edited by Baker; 12-02-2009, 02:51 AM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

As a rule of thumb, if you're told to put something into folder X, and folder X doesn't exist, create it.

Map editors don't load .bsp files, they load and save .map files, hence the name.

But yes, definitely ask at func_msgboard. =)
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

yep

figured out the map situation it wouldnt load from the map file i created cause the way the guy put them out i had to add them to the pak file i guess that was supposed to be assumed and is common kinda thought it be plug and play kinda thing dont know but its working

is there a way to set up a shortcut to run the game with certain consol commands like +mlook give # and so on or is there a file i should config im tryin to set up a lan game where you can rocket jump with out damage and spawn with certain weapons i figured if you have a whole bunch of people playin you could also spawn with quad damage on for like 3 sec so you dont get killed right of the bat considering most of my favorite maps are smaller

i think i could figure it out but from what ive found on the net baker knows this game front and back if you have any tips for me that be uber sweet
        this site has to be my favorite quake site though best community and resources available glad i found it

Comment

Originally posted by Mental6990 View Post
          is there a way to set up a shortcut to run the game with certain consol commands like +mlook give # and so on or is there a file i should config
          c:\quake\id1\autoexec.cfg is where to put settings you want started every time you start Quake.

That being said:

1. Any modern engine (i.e. replacement glquake) has the ability to turn the mouse on or off in the menu and it stays however you set it from session to session. Modern engines: DarkPlaces, FitzQuake, ProQuake, DirectQ, Qrack, etc. (Original glquake is rather crusty compared to polished engines. It had a lot of bugs and missed opportunities for fine tunings.)

2. The give command has to be typed in any time a map starts. If you are changing the map via the "map e1m5" command, you are going to lose all your ammo and everything so adding that to a config will do nothing.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

For spawn protection and starting with X weapons, maybe try a mod. I'm not sure which mods do both these things, though. IIRC Runequake has spawn protection.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

thx guys

Comment

Working...
              X