Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkplaces on vista problems.

Hello to all quakers.

Recently I got a new computer with Vista installed, and now I can't normally run DP anymore. On my old machine with XP it all worked fine (except the slowdowns). I'm thinking about the dual boot solution, since many things don't work well on Vista.

Anyhow, when I run DP, it starts out fine, but then I enter options menu and try to change ANY setting (graphics, sound, video modes) and it freezes completely (I have to end task manuallly). The same happens when I try to quit or save the game.

I played a little with retexturing and remodelling packs, but when I installed them it got messed up and all got was a black screen.

Upon reinstalling it fresh (with no extra textures and options and all that), it freezes again as I try to save, exit or change some setting.

May not be a vista issue. I use it fine with Vista. Could be a Video driver incompatability. I would contact the DP author with the issue, he knows his stuff.

Comment

I can use DarkPlaces on Vista just fine. Try setting compatibility mode to XP?
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
      X