Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Quake Reforged) How to overwrite original monster skins with new ones???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Quake Reforged) How to overwrite original monster skins with new ones???

Ok- this question is continuing from my problems with overwriting the original Quake monster skins with new custom textures (namely the Quake Reforged Enforcer).
    Note that this problem may stem from a setup of LOTS of cluttered files (including Pak0, Pak1 and Pak2 for some reason long forgotten- most likely another data upgrade from long ago).

At the moment, I have extracted the four Enforcer files (norm, 0, gloss and luma) into the Quake/id1/progs folder.

The new textures ARE working (including the bumpmap), the only problem is that the original Enforcer skin is still there and actually overlapping the other layers.

All I need is to simply stop Quake loading that old Enforcer skin texture somehow to see the new one- but don't know how!!!

(for all who are interested, what I'm currently getting (under the setting RT-World ON) is the ordinary enforcer with new bumpy edges- but whenever it's dark- or whenever I cast a shadow on him his new texture shows up from underneath quite strongly- with slight traces of his old texture over the top!)

Basically, by day he's the ordinary enforcer, but at night he's something ELSE!

Has anyone else ever manually told Quake not to load original skin textures in favor of custom skins before?
    Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
    Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Multiple pak files and pk3 is an absolute nightmare in DarkPlaces to a degree that is very hard to stress highly enough.

I am thinking that tga textures have highest priority, so a tga texture of any type in any pak or pk3 available will be used over an equivalent jpg texture.

I noticed the Enforcer texture in the download release is .jpg.

So it is very likely that you have an enforcer texture in another pak file or pk3 somewhere or folder that is tga. Maybe Fragger's reskins or something else.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Hmmm- now that I think of it- I think I might have had a touch-up retexture automatically installed when I installed one of the basic graphic enhancers for Darkplaces, actually.

I'll give converting the jpegs into tgas a go.

Comment

Worked for me, but the only PK3s I have in /ID1/ are rygel's textures and ammo boxes, along with the new enforcer's PK3, and enforcer_0.jpg is in /ID1/textures.

Darkplaces is at about 20fps on my laptop though. Wish Qrack supported PK3s

Comment

YES! Finally got it working!

Thanks for the help guys!

Finally found a program that converts jpgs to tgas (and didn't leave some nasty trademark stamp on them)!

Comment

Working...
          X