No announcement yet.

Quake will not connect to any servers?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake will not connect to any servers?!

This problems just started today, I have not installed or done anything to my computer, i have cleared web cache, i have used this command c:\windows\> ipconfig /flushdns ... I have restarted my computer reset my modem,... The error that appears in quake's console is trying trying still trying etc.. then no repsonse from server... I can ping the server from dos, and it give me feedback.. I don't think i'm banned from any servers i haven't done anything wrong and it doesn't say reason "banned" ... If there is any suggestions or things I should try, on how to fix this problem please let me know.. thank you.

Originally posted by ninjamonkeyz View Post
    This problems just started today, I have not installed or done anything to my computer, i have cleared web cache, i have used this command c:\windows\> ipconfig /flushdns ... I have restarted my computer reset my modem,... The error that appears in quake's console is trying trying still trying etc.. then no repsonse from server... I can ping the server from dos, and it give me feedback.. I don't think i'm banned from any servers i haven't done anything wrong and it doesn't say reason "banned" ... If there is any suggestions or things I should try, on how to fix this problem please let me know.. thank you.

Side notes... My Os = Windows Vista Home Basic... My firewall = Outpost , anti virus/anti spyware = ESET NOD32, None of them are set to block quake ports or quake from accessing the internet, i have tried disabling them all just to see if that was the problem, it wasn't..

Comment

any help before this gets pushed to the back of the forum posts?....

Comment

umm, reset your router or w/e?

Comment

Just a thought, but what client are you using? I only ask as there were similar experiences in some environments with older versions of Quake, and is it the same experience with all clients (e.g. Darkplaces/Proquake 4/Qrack)?
          Last edited by Mr.Burns; 01-03-2010, 04:37 AM.
          Mr.Burns
          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Using ProQuake and uPnP or >1 NIC? Did you try -oldnet?
            dfsp*spirit
            my FPS maps

Comment

Windows firewall or other firewall/AV? Turn off any securities applications for testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
                Just a thought, but what client are you using? I only ask as there were similar experiences in some environments with older versions of Quake, and is it the same experience with all clients (e.g. Darkplaces/Proquake 4/Qrack)?
                I have tried with both qrack 1.90 and glpro399 .. this problem just started recently it gives me this error... host_error: cl_connect: connect failed.

Comment

Originally posted by dfsp_spirit View Post
                  Using ProQuake and uPnP or >1 NIC? Did you try -oldnet?

i have no clue about the first question.. but i did try -oldnet ... like this c:\quake\glqrack.exe -oldnet ... and c:\quake\glpro399.exe -oldnet ... i still get the same connect error..

Comment

Originally posted by ninjamonkeyz View Post
                    I have tried with both qrack 1.90 and glpro399 .. this problem just started recently it gives me this error... host_error: cl_connect: connect failed.
                    It sounds as though the appropriate packets are not able to be returned to your Quake client. I've seen this in the past where the gaming machine was behind a NAT'd Router or switch and the packets were either being blocked or not routed to the gaming machine. If this matches your environment, and just to help isolate your problem, it may be worth a test in which you connect your pc directly to your DSL/Cable modem and see if you get the same problem.

KR's

Monty
                    Mr.Burns
                    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Problem fixed guys thanks for all the help... it was a firewall issue windows firewall had enabled itself on top of my other firewall and blocked internet access some programs.

Comment

Working...
                      X