Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ninjamonkeyz
    replied
    Problem fixed guys thanks for all the help... it was a firewall issue windows firewall had enabled itself on top of my other firewall and blocked internet access some programs.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Originally posted by ninjamonkeyz View Post
    I have tried with both qrack 1.90 and glpro399 .. this problem just started recently it gives me this error... host_error: cl_connect: connect failed.
    It sounds as though the appropriate packets are not able to be returned to your Quake client. I've seen this in the past where the gaming machine was behind a NAT'd Router or switch and the packets were either being blocked or not routed to the gaming machine. If this matches your environment, and just to help isolate your problem, it may be worth a test in which you connect your pc directly to your DSL/Cable modem and see if you get the same problem.

KR's

Monty

Leave a comment:

• ninjamonkeyz
    replied
    Originally posted by dfsp_spirit View Post
    Using ProQuake and uPnP or >1 NIC? Did you try -oldnet?

i have no clue about the first question.. but i did try -oldnet ... like this c:\quake\glqrack.exe -oldnet ... and c:\quake\glpro399.exe -oldnet ... i still get the same connect error..

Leave a comment:

• ninjamonkeyz
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
    Just a thought, but what client are you using? I only ask as there were similar experiences in some environments with older versions of Quake, and is it the same experience with all clients (e.g. Darkplaces/Proquake 4/Qrack)?
    I have tried with both qrack 1.90 and glpro399 .. this problem just started recently it gives me this error... host_error: cl_connect: connect failed.

Leave a comment:

• MasterSplinter
    replied
    Windows firewall or other firewall/AV? Turn off any securities applications for testing.

Leave a comment:

• dfsp_spirit
    replied
    Using ProQuake and uPnP or >1 NIC? Did you try -oldnet?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Just a thought, but what client are you using? I only ask as there were similar experiences in some environments with older versions of Quake, and is it the same experience with all clients (e.g. Darkplaces/Proquake 4/Qrack)?
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 01-03-2010, 04:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• metchsteekle
    replied
    umm, reset your router or w/e?

Leave a comment:

• ninjamonkeyz
    replied
    any help before this gets pushed to the back of the forum posts?....

Leave a comment:

• ninjamonkeyz
    replied
    Originally posted by ninjamonkeyz View Post
    This problems just started today, I have not installed or done anything to my computer, i have cleared web cache, i have used this command c:\windows\> ipconfig /flushdns ... I have restarted my computer reset my modem,... The error that appears in quake's console is trying trying still trying etc.. then no repsonse from server... I can ping the server from dos, and it give me feedback.. I don't think i'm banned from any servers i haven't done anything wrong and it doesn't say reason "banned" ... If there is any suggestions or things I should try, on how to fix this problem please let me know.. thank you.

Side notes... My Os = Windows Vista Home Basic... My firewall = Outpost , anti virus/anti spyware = ESET NOD32, None of them are set to block quake ports or quake from accessing the internet, i have tried disabling them all just to see if that was the problem, it wasn't..

Leave a comment:

• ninjamonkeyz
    started a topic Quake will not connect to any servers?!

Quake will not connect to any servers?!

This problems just started today, I have not installed or done anything to my computer, i have cleared web cache, i have used this command c:\windows\> ipconfig /flushdns ... I have restarted my computer reset my modem,... The error that appears in quake's console is trying trying still trying etc.. then no repsonse from server... I can ping the server from dos, and it give me feedback.. I don't think i'm banned from any servers i haven't done anything wrong and it doesn't say reason "banned" ... If there is any suggestions or things I should try, on how to fix this problem please let me know.. thank you.
Working...
X