Transparent rocket launcher- darkplaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent rocket launcher- darkplaces

I have been searching for faithful weapon models/skins and i came across moondrunk's skins here: Moon[Drunk]s Quake Graphics | Textures

The textures are great with one exception: the rocket launcher comes out to be transparent for some unknown reason. I don't know whether this is an issue with the .png file or darkplaces. I have attached two screenshots. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Maybe an alpha channel in the texture for the model?

/32 bit textures only have 24 bits of color, the last 8 bits are an alpha mask indicating the transparency of the image.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Maybe try saving it as a bitmap or some other format that doesn't have an alpha channel, and then save it back? That should get rid of any alpha channel issues.

To be honest, a few of MoonDrunks textures have somewhat dodgy alpha channels in them so it's worth it for a start.
      IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Converting it to a bmp didn't work but converting it to a tga did. I found this same issue with the double barreled shotgun also and now thats fixed too.

Thanx Mhquake, + to rep .

Comment

My alpha's are always what they supposed to be
          Can't find any transparency in v_rock2_0.png from the rar though.
          Could it be Darkplaces dislike for png files?
          – Moon[Drunk]'s Quake Graphics
          – Quake Revitalization/Retexturing Project

Comment

Working...
          X