Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mouse wierdness with proquake 3.50 and 4.00?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse wierdness with proquake 3.50 and 4.00?

I tried using 4.00 today and the m_pitch/m_yaw ratio felt totally different then 3.50. I played less then a minute and reverted back to 3.50 and totally deleted the 4.00 folder.

When I booted 3.50, my mouse felt totally different then previously in 3.50! I checked my sense, m_yaw, and m_pitch and everything is the same as before.

Any ideas? Is it just me or do you think just booting a new client can change mouse feel somehow?

BTW - This also happens when I just double click on a demo instead of using playdemo from console. It usually takes me 2-3 weeks to readjust.

ALT-TAB-ing might help.. or play in windowed mode.. use -fullwindow in commandline if you want fullscreen-windowed mode..

Comment

... and after using ProQuake 4.00 my cornflakes tasted different and ketchup tasted like mustard ... even after deleting the folder! I even rebooted and then I formatted my hard drive and it STILL happened, even using the keyboard.

And now it feels like that on my friend's machine ... and leprechauns everywhere are looking at me. Even worse, I can't even take a shit and feel comfortable that someone isn't looking in the window ...

Last edited by Baker; 01-14-2010, 07:58 PM.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

i think i figured it out. i usually have "enhance pointer precision" off in mouse properties. proquake 4.00 turned it on. i turned it off again and everything felt normal again in 3.50. just to make sure proquake 4.00 was actually doing this, i re-downloaded proquake 4.00 and executed it. checked mouse properties after and it was checked again. is there any way to not have 4.00 turn that option on?

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
          ... and after using ProQuake 4.00 my cornflakes tasted different and ketchup tasted like mustard ... even after deleting the folder! I even rebooted and then I formatted my hard drive and it STILL happened, even using the keyboard.

And now it feels like that on my friend's machine ... and leprechauns everywhere are looking at me. Even worse, I can't even take a shit and feel comfortable that someone isn't looking in the window ...
          oh and thanks for ridiculing me baker by implying it was all in my mind. i knew i wasn't crazy

Comment

Originally posted by eieio View Post
            oh and thanks for ridiculing me baker by implying it was all in my mind. i knew i wasn't crazy
            You aren't crazy.

What's your command line for GL Pro 3.5?

In truth, I need to put an FAQ on the ProQuake 4 page for setup for ProQuake 3.5 users.

i think i figured it out. i usually have "enhance pointer precision" off in mouse properties. proquake 4.00 turned it on. i turned it off again and everything felt normal again in 3.50. just to make sure proquake 4.00 was actually doing this, i re-downloaded proquake 4.00 and executed it. checked mouse properties after and it was checked again. is there any way to not have 4.00 turn that option on?
            ^^ I'll check into this.

Thanks for the information.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

You aren't crazy.

What's your command line for GL Pro 3.5?

In truth, I need to put an FAQ on the ProQuake 4 page for setup for ProQuake 3.5 users.
              command line is:

D:\games\quake\QUAKE1\glpro.exe -noforcemaccel -dinput -width 1024 -iplog -bpp 16 -gamma .65

Comment

I just did some testing back and forth, again and again and this is a flaw in ProQuake 4 I am going to have to fix it.

Thanks for reporting it and providing the information of what is going on, despite the fact I blew off your observation.

I'll get it fixed.

Baker -1

Comment

no force m accel? mouse acceleration?... what is this?
                  "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

I just did some testing back and forth, again and again and this is a flaw in ProQuake 4 I am going to have to fix it.

Thanks for reporting it and providing the information of what is going on, despite the fact I blew off your observation.

I'll get it fixed.

Baker -1
                    haha, man. im sorry that i was so flippant in my post. i realize how much you do for the community and i also realize how hard it is to try to figure out every little issue of every freaking player. i think there is a saying about making everyone happy and ending up making no one happy. im wasted so i cant remember it, but i still appreciate everything you do man.

Comment

Originally posted by rev View Post
                      no force m accel? mouse acceleration?... what is this?
                      -noforcemaccel makes it so there is no mouse acceleration even if ur windows settings say there "should" be.

Comment

haha, man. im sorry that i was so flippant in my post. i realize how much you do for the community and i also realize how hard it is to try to figure out every little issue of every freaking player. i think there is a saying about making everyone happy and ending up making no one happy. im wasted so i cant remember it, but i still appreciate everything you do man.
                        Sometimes I do get overloaded with stuff, I have to say. Sometimes I can get a little edgy due to that.

I like the fact you provided some concrete information for me to act on.

This will let me solve the issue. I am greatly appreciative of bug reports with something to back them up, and you've assisted greatly in that.

Comment

god damn, ur so nice, i think i just go a "broner". nm, ill troll elsewhere.

Comment

EI
                            It turned mine on as well. I added m_directinput "0" and m_filter "0" and
                            gl_subdivide_size "4096" to autexec.cfg and it felt close to "my" gl pro 3.5 set up. However, I am just about shitty enough where I prob could not tell a difference. So Im going to try the 4 zeta, it seems like all the cool kids are doing it.
                            Originally posted by Baker
                            Why does the biggest cry baby in the forums use an Arnold Schwarzenegger avatar? Arnold never cries like a little girl like how you have cried in every Kimp thread.

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
                              EI
                              It turned mine on as well. I added m_directinput "0" and m_filter "0" and
                              gl_subdivide_size "4096" to autexec.cfg and it felt close to "my" gl pro 3.5 set up. However, I am just about shitty enough where I prob could not tell a difference. So Im going to try the 4 zeta, it seems like all the cool kids are doing it.
                              Yep, I need to fix ProQuake 4. That's a true bug.

Eieio gets all the glory for the high quality bug report

Comment

Working...
                              X