Quake tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake tips

So , I've been rethinking my current quake (Qrack) setup, which was 1024x768x32@75mhz refresh rate, which was okay,I couldnt complain.

Javimars convinced me to start using a higher resolution, which I maxd out at 1280x1024x32@60mhz refresh rate, which looked really nice to say the least. I used this for a very brief moment, and as of recent I have started using 800x600x32@100mhz refresh rates, and I have concluded..

High frames per second is no where near as important as a High monitor refresh rate. Quake has never been easier, no longer am I losing opponents that strafe turn a lot. EVERYTHING seem's almost "Matrix" mode now, because my ability to predict has atleast double'd due to this shift in refresh rate. I'm still using high fps (500) , but there has been a night and day change in my experience so far with the much higher refresh rate.

I'm going to try out 640x480x32@110mhz today and see if the drop in resolution is worth an extra 10, probably not though. might be like looking through a straw at that resolution.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Speak. Now.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I thought LCD monitors capped at 75mhz
      Originally posted by Baker
      Why does the biggest cry baby in the forums use an Arnold Schwarzenegger avatar? Arnold never cries like a little girl like how you have cried in every Kimp thread.

Comment

no one said I was using a LCD monitor....

mindz uses a kds usa x-flat 17" CRT
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

touche mafaka

I was wondering what was wrong with mine.

Stolen uses a 19" non widescreen LCD

Stolen thinks that he is a little jealous of refresh rate.
          Last edited by Patton; 02-02-2010, 07:13 AM.
          Originally posted by Baker
          Why does the biggest cry baby in the forums use an Arnold Schwarzenegger avatar? Arnold never cries like a little girl like how you have cried in every Kimp thread.

Comment

640x380? What is this, 1996?
            Gentoo Linux

Comment

I play all the time when I use Glpro at 640-480@120hz resolution !(die hard)
              This has been my setup from the day glpro was build
              And yes crt screen is good on high refreshrate, makes it so much better.
              On lcd refreshrate doesnt matter much...
              My servers for the gamers:
              bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
              port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
              Offline ATM
              fvf.servequake.com
              flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
              Offline ATM
              newdm.servequake.com
              port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
              sigpic

Comment

i'm a die-hard 800x600 fan myself. also lcd monitor, and i'll suffer the refresh rate of 75 max to keep from having to own one of those bulky 80's looking monitors mindz likes...
                "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

Working...
                X