Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no shareware!

Hi,

i have the original version of Quake and installed Qrack. Played the first episode and now, i can't play longer, because quake tells me, i have the shareware version. I can't even join a multiplayer match! What happened to my Quake?!

ok, i have now replaced the Qrack pak1 file with the original file and i can play the episodes. Unfortunately the nice QRack-look is only for episode 1

Still can't join a server....

Comment

Having never used the shareware version for any significant length of time it is difficult to advise you but there are 2 pak files, pak0.pak and pak1.pak, and I wondered if perhaps both of these need replacing with the "registered" versions?
      Kr's

Monty
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

I have the original Quake installed and can play on using the Qrack engine, when i replace the Qrack pak1 file again with the original pak1 file but then it looks no significant better than glquake. I really want to play on using these cool items, weapons, the hud and lighting-effects from the qrack pak file, but how can i do so? When i open the original and the qrack pak files with PAKExplorer, they have a completely different hierarchy. the maps seem to be lit-files... any suggestions?! thx in advance!

Comment

Did you try renaming the QRack pack to pak2.pak?
          IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ya man! I've unlocked it! Thanks, i love you!

Comment

Working...
            X