No announcement yet.

Need the original Quake; Vista 64 says no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, no - I'm just playing the original Quake for now. None of the exe files on my disc would work but the file that Efess linked to worked without problems.

I didn't exactly understand what you meant by using command lines in the shortcut. My knowledge of computers isn't very advanced. Is it something like making a shortcut to the file and adding '-hipnotic' in the target field, for example?

As it is, I also downloaded the map pack 1 from Efess's link and found that the setup screen loads, but has the non-compatibilty-with-vista-64 error when I click to install.

Thanks for your interest = )

Comment

Originally posted by Lloydy View Post
      I didn't exactly understand what you meant by using command lines in the shortcut. My knowledge of computers isn't very advanced. Is it something like making a shortcut to the file and adding '-hipnotic' in the target field, for example?
      yes

the target line will look something like this depending on your engine of choice, file location and mission pack or mod you want to play
      Using Proquake engine
      "C:\Quake\glpro399.exe" -hipnotic
      using qrack engine
      "C:\Quake\glQrack.exe" -hipnotic
      using mhquake's DirectQ
      "C:\Quake\DirectQ.exe" -hipnotic

using the original quake.exe will not run in Vista or XP

i think what you need to do is browse the cd and just copy pak0.pak file and put it in C:\Quake\hipnotic then launch the game with the shorcut. just make sure to run as admistrator and in compatibilty mode if needed.

Comment

Uhhh... I had vista 32 and all I did was take the data folder (it contains all the quake stuff and moved it to my hard drive. Pam! Then use winquake or some onther thing like darkplaces or Qrack

Comment

Working...
        X