admins, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admins, please help

look, sorry there has been so much mad about the kimp thing, however; he just messaged me privately on my email. it wasnt a q1 email, it was literally kimp spamming me directly. how the fk did he get my email addy?

i obv didnt let kimp comprimised my email addy, but my email addy was a part of this site and not shared. i hope u can see my privacy concerns.

Comment

Unless you replied to Kimp, he wouldn't know your email address from anything on this site.

You have "Receive Email from Other Users" = Yes in your profile.

So someone logging in can click on your profile and then send you an email, but they do not get to know your email address, it just displays a form.

To change this, go to your profile and set "Receive Email from Other Users" to no.

User Control Panel --> Settings and Options --> Edit Options --> "You can allow other members to send you email messages.
      [ ] Receive Email from Other Members" <-- set that to NO (unchecked, obviously)
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

baker, i appreciate what you do and i love the q1 site. i have check all that (im sure you can check it too). still kimp knows my email addy. i am kind of worried about it (onlu with kimp). he will use it as he already has for his purposes (which i cannot condone).

i guess my point is that i dont give a fuck, but please do not share my info with ppl taht i do not waht it shared with. i should not jave to "opt out" for that.

Comment

sorry, i just re-read ur message and i have all that shit turned off. kimp somehow knows mu email. maube he socially engineered it from someone or from me. that is a good possibility. my bad,

Comment

Originally posted by eieio View Post
            sorry, i just re-read ur message and i have all that shit turned off. kimp somehow knows mu email. maube he socially engineered it from someone or from me. that is a good possibility. my bad,
            In your profile, I am seeing "Receive Email from Other Users = Yes". This is after your latest post.

I thought you might like to know that.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
            X