Disable "Enhance Pointer Precision"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable "Enhance Pointer Precision"

I found this registry edit online that disables the windows "Enhance Pointer Precision" from being enabled in Windows XP. If it by chance gets enabled then it should act no different than when it's not enabled. Pretty much rendering that option useless. This worked for me! I only tried this on a windows XP Professional box. As some have stated a client automatically checks "Enhance Pointer Precision". So I added these parameters in cmd line and edited the registry and it stopped it from happening all together...Back up your Registry before you try editing registry of course.

-noforcemparms -noforcemaccel

And then followed these steps

1. open notepad
    2. copy the following text then paste it into notepad

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse] "SmoothMouseXCurve"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00 ,a0,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,40,\ 01,00,00,00,00,00,00,80,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,05 ,00,00,00,00,00 "SmoothMouseYCurve"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,66 ,a6,02,00,00,00,00,00,cd,4c,\ 05,00,00,00,00,00,a0,99,0a,00,00,00,00,00,38,33,15 ,00,00,00,00,00

3. save the new notepad file on desktop with name "xpsuX.reg"
    4. run xpsuX.reg

Disclaimer: Backup the registry before making changes to it. Modifying the registry can
    cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. We cannot
    guarantee that problems resulting from modifications to the registry can be solved. Use the
    information provided at your own risk.
    Originally posted by Baker
    Why does the biggest cry baby in the forums use an Arnold Schwarzenegger avatar? Arnold never cries like a little girl like how you have cried in every Kimp thread.

If you are happy with your settings don't go messing around with this of course. Don't want to hear "this fok'd my mouse up and it's your fault". It's a specific fix for a specific problem of course...So FU of course
    Last edited by Patton; 02-26-2010, 07:49 AM.
    Why does the biggest cry baby in the forums use an Arnold Schwarzenegger avatar? Arnold never cries like a little girl like how you have cried in every Kimp thread.

Comment

Damn, this is some good shit. I expect some ooohs and aaahs.

Comment

i dont have this problem but

OOOOOOHHH !!

Comment

Or... start - control panel - mouse - pointer options

e|------------------------0---------------
          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
          A|---------------0------------------------
          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by the_f0qer View Post
            Or... start - control panel - mouse - pointer options

HA HA HA

Comment

Working...
            X