sndspeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sndspeed

When I add -sndspeed 22050 to my Winquake commandline, I don't notice any difference ingame.
    My 22Kh sounds in my Quake still sound like 11Kh.

Not all engines support -sndspeed; Baker would know more.

You'll only hear a difference if your sounds were either recorded at, or downsampled to 22050 Hz. If you just upsample Quake's existing 11025 Hz sounds to 22050 Hz, you'll hear practically no difference, since information that isn't there can't be recreated. This is why the existing "resampled" packs don't really sound better, but Mindgrid's pak or RMQ does.

You're most likely to notice a difference with sounds that contain quite some high end or detail.

I know that Tyrquake, Fitzquake, FTE and Darkplaces support -sndspeed, and I think Joequake does, too.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Does it work with winquake?

Comment

Command Line Parameters

WinQuake FAQ. - Grupy dyskusyjne - WinQuake FAQ.

Apparently not.

I just tried Proquake 3.60, which does seem to support it. Proquake would probably be a safe bet.

If you wish to keep using "Winquake" (aka a software renderer), maybe try Joequake, which comes with one. In general, Winquake is no longer the standard in Quake - you will not be able to play many modern singleplayer maps, see transparency or colored lighting, and so on.

Consider downloading a modern engine.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

WinQuake doesn't support -sndspeed.
          IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Alright,
            I just really like the software look for Quake.

Comment

There are other engines that have software renderers. Joequake, Tyrquake, FTE, for example. I don't know how online-capable they are. Can't be worse than Winquake though.
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Working...
              X