new to nq-- a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by :fvamp View Post
    one thing i've been wondering these past few days is that when i play locally, the movement is good. it's almost like qw, but not quite. then, when i play online, the movment feels restricted. is this based on server settings or is this how nq is really supposed to be?
    Like they said physics will feel better on a low ticrate server like the CA servers, but what I think you are talking about is different.

The ticrate value (sys_ticrate) is the amount of delay between updates from the server to the client. When you lower this value it not only feels faster/smoother but it changes the physics (it feels closer to QW the lower you go). When you are playing locally the updates are almost instant thus changing the physics even more so it acts more like QW.

Comment

Right. I totally notice the difference between a dm server and a ca one. the movement i can get used to.. not so much with the dmm1 tho :f

Is there a setting i can tweak in qrack that will emulate dm server movement?

Comment

You can try changing sv_maxspeed to 320(default) or 300 and sv_friction to 5. That might emulate an online dm server.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam View Post
          You can try changing sv_maxspeed to 320(default) or 300 and sv_friction to 5. That might emulate an online dm server.
          yea. that came pretty close. thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X