Need Fitzquake OS X Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Fitzquake OS X Help

Hello Quakeone I'm new to this site and new to Quake. So lets get down to business, I'm using pro quake for running Quake and I wish to use fitzquake, but I have no Idea how to set it up. Where it says command line parameter I drag pro quake into there. Not having ANY help on fitzquake site I really don't know what to put there. When I click okay I get a message that says
    "W_LoadWadFile: couldn't load gfx.wad" If anyone out there is like me and uses a mac i'd really appreciate it if you could explain how to use fitzquake.
    -

wow oats, you finally took the plunge into quakeone eh? welcome

Comment

Haha Thanks alot, I hope its nothing I regret.

Comment

That means it is not finding your Quake pak files.

On my OS X machine, I have a folder named Quake on the Desktop. Within that folder lies the FitzQuake SDL executable and my id1 folder.

Desktop\Quake\FitzQuake SDL
        Desktop\Quake\id1
        Desktop\Quake\pak0.pak
        Desktop\Quake\pak1.pak

You don't need any command line parameters with FitzQuake SDL to start Quake.

Where it says command line parameter I drag pro quake into there
        ????

Just double click the FitzQuake SDL icon after ensuring you have the files setup like above.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thanks a bunch! I should of figured it would be something that simple.

Comment

How do I rune mods on it, I apperently isn't as simple as the other engines wher I just need to drag the mod onto it.

Comment

Example:

Desktop/Quake/Travail (unzip Travail into there)

Using the FitzQuake SDL launcher, type -game travail in the command line parameters.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

FitzQuake also supports the game command from the console.
                IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mhquake View Post
                  FitzQuake also supports the game command from the console.
                  FitzQuake SDL on OSX, using the game command crashes it for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                    FitzQuake SDL on OSX, using the game command crashes it for some reason.
                    That's a bummer.

I wonder has anyone tried debugging it to see what's causing the crash.
                    IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mhquake View Post
                      That's a bummer.

I wonder has anyone tried debugging it to see what's causing the crash.
                      I think I figured out the source of crash once, it was an operating system difference relating to file systems (as far as I recall, which may or may not be too reliable -- sometimes engine stuffs all blur together).

Whatever it was, I'm thinking the fix wasn't super easy or I would have done it for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by spooker View Post
                        wow oats, you finally took the plunge into quakeone eh? welcome
                        lol, that's totally not me spook. Funny though, I actually took the plunge into quakeone just now... and I ran across this upon searching my own name on these forums. Weird!

Comment

Working...
                        X