Dissolution of eternity lags on Dp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissolution of eternity lags on Dp.

I Just recently got into modding quake one using the Dp engine and so far its pretty sweet. However The DOT mission pack lags for some reason using the dp mod. The first mission pack works fine and quake one works fine, im using the same settings as well. Anyone know of this problem?

Im using windows 7 64 bit, 6 gigs of ram and an ati mobility hd 5870.

Hello Tool of Isis,

welcome to this forum.

Regarding your problem: Are you sure you use this shortcut
    darkplaces.exe -rogue -game dpmod
    (please be also sure to use the latest builds)

I tried it quickly and it works fine.

Seven.

Comment

Yeah I'm using that, also I notice that it says my frame rate is around 200+ even though it clearly is lagging. I don't mean slowdown, it's as if it's actually skipping frames and jumping around. Hard for me to explain. We all know what slowdown is, this is closer to "offline lag" as i would call it. I'm testing it in Episode two, literally as you enter the level, its doing it, some places it's worse than others, some places it's relatively smooth, but nowhere near as smooth as quake one or SOA. I would also like to point out that I'm using the Steam version.

Comment

Originally posted by Tool of Isis View Post
        I would also like to point out that I'm using the Steam version.
        Wouldn't matter. There is no difference of any substance. The pak files are the same, meaning the models and sounds are identical.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Still having this problem, really odd how no one else seems to be experiencing it except for me. Every other quake runs fine.

Comment

Working...
          X