Command line commands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command line commands?

I was wondering where i could find a list of command line commands i don't know the proper name for them, but example: c:\quake\glpro.exe "-zone; -mem; -dinput etc.." I always get confused and basically forget how to spell some of them like i have to play quakepro in window'd mode, or my screen goes black, so i type -window -windows -windowed etc. all in the same line, I would like to know where to find a full list of all the commands with their detailed function?
    Last edited by ninjamonkeyz; 08-31-2010, 10:09 AM.

Use DirectQ or the dx8 build of ProQuake 4. There is no reason to go digging in the days of dinosaurs to run Quake, using some oldy Quake isn't likely to make your problems easier, you are likely to have far more problems due to the incredible number of bugs. The dx8 build of ProQuake doesn't use OpenGL and it sounds like you have a driver problem so that'd probably work. Likewise DirectQ doesn't use OpenGL.

mhquake

ProQuake 4: The official continuation of ProQuake

That being said, Quake command line parameters can be found here:

Quake Console Commands
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

i will try that, im using the hdmi port on my graphic card, so anything non windowed that goes fullscreen sends my screen to no signal, its weird

Comment

Originally posted by ninjamonkeyz View Post
        i will try that, im using the hdmi port on my graphic card, so anything non windowed that goes fullscreen sends my screen to no signal, its weird
        DirectQ and the dx8 build of ProQuake technically use a windowed mode that just happens to be sized to take up the full screen ... so that might solve your problems.

You might also consider trying -fullwindow command line parameter with any OpenGL version of ProQuake 4 or later (glpro452.exe, etc).

If you are using ProQuake 3.50 as your command line suggests, there are a mountain full of issues you could hit on any given machine (clock problems, video mode issues, white textures, etc. etc.). Fixing one issue means you will probably just hit another one with a really old Quake engine.

DirectQ requires current DirectX drivers. The dx8 build of ProQuake required DirectX 8, which almost all Windows computers have had since the 1990s. (The former is, of course, MH's engine and the later is possible because of MH.) There is also the d3dpro build of ProQuake.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

One of the other bonuses there is that these engines don't actually need most of the old command-line params. You can still use them if you want to, of course, but I've deliberately coded DirectQ so that everything you used to need the command-line for can now be done from the menus or the console (and some - like memory - don't even need to be done at all). I know that Baker feels the same as I do about the command-line, and he's also made great inroads with that.

The end result is a much more painless and player-friendly Quake experience.

Originally posted by Baker View Post
          DirectQ and the dx8 build of ProQuake technically use a windowed mode that just happens to be sized to take up the full screen ... so that might solve your problems.
          Actually DirectQ doesn't, but I'm thinking that - depending on your hardware - a fullscreen exclusive mode in D3D may be a LOT more stable than in OpenGL.
          IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

any chance of getting an updated proquake launcher, baker? or who ever authored it? i still miss that...
            "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

Originally posted by rev View Post
              any chance of getting an updated proquake launcher, baker? or who ever authored it? i still miss that...
              What did you like about it?

That's a serious question, btw. I ask because really the launcher did things that are now supported by the client. There isn't a need to set brightness, resolution and so forth in the command line any longer, for instance.

Comment

You retired the launcher? So it's now collectible?? Time to hit ebay!

Comment

Working...
                X