Sound questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound questions

When I replace any looping sound in Quake, it either plays once or not at all. It espcially happens when I use 22k/44k sounds, or even Remake Quake's sounds (strange, considering that those sounds loop when I play RQ). How do I fix this?

second page of quake looping sound - Google Search
    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

I may be mistaken, but I can't hear any water or wind sounds (e1m1).
      I reinstalled Quake, nothing. Set ambient_level to 1, still can't hear them. I can hear the drip and torch sounds though from like e1m2.

Comment

Addressing the question in post #1, use Cool Edit or Wavosaur to make looping sounds.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Not related: Could a cfg/autoexec be bound to a map? So that, the cfg runs on the start of that map?

For example, the cfg would run noisetrack sound/audio/blah.wav for e2m3

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
            Not related: Could a cfg/autoexec be bound to a map? So that, the cfg runs on the start of that map?

For example, the cfg would run noisetrack sound/audio/blah.wav for e2m3
            In an ideal world, yes. But it really can't be done.

That being said, if you are willing to delve into QuakeC modification, you could probably make a progs.dat run e1m2.cfg upon map start that would do something like "play sound/audio/blah.wav".

However, if you want to do it with, say, standard DarkPlaces, set the cd music key to 99 and it will play sound/cdtracks/track098.ogg when the map loads as the CD music. (You would convert the .wav to .ogg)
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Could I add an entry to the BSPs' entities like:

worldscripts "e2m2.cfg"

or something vaguely lke that? Or is it not possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                Could I add an entry to the BSPs' entities like:

worldscripts "e2m2.cfg"

or something vaguely lke that? Or is it not possible?
                Negke managed to get Red Slammer to do some amazing command execution in a standard Quake map.

You could ask for his advice @ Func_Msgboard in the mapping help thread or look at the map source for Red Slammer, as Negke is a well-known open source mapper.

negke.quaddicted.com

I bet he knows a way to do it. Red Slammer did all kinds of impossible things.

Comment

Working...
                X