Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have lost a post/reply from some one who....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have lost a post/reply from some one who....

Someone told me about some type of "FrontEnd" that can assist me in pre-setting Qrack to only operate on core0. I've been googling, and I thought this link .. CPU Affinity Made Easy ... Was all I needed, but I quickly got aggrivated. Doing what that website says only leaves me with a Qrack shortcut that merely opens CMD prompt. OOF......

That page SEEMED like all I needed to be able to run Qrack with a preset AFFINITY, but wow /Fail. Going back to quake server now.... lol

o_O

Why is it so difficult to pre-determine how many cores an application utilizes.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

WOW, I don't know FN HOW or WHEN but I right clicked on my Qrack shortcut, and it had an option to RUN with AFFINITY-0. ...... Maybe it came from where I attempted to use the method I provided a link to in above post, caused this NEW right click menu option to appear. All I do know is that I have tinkered with this affinity 0work around to fix poor Qrack performance on my gaming rig, but I swear I wouldn't have missed something so simple.... I mean,cmon. I've right clicked glQrack.exe the file atleast a quintilian amount of times, and I know I haven't been missing something so obvious for so long......

Maybe I INSTALLED what someone recommended awhile back and just forgot?
    Who knows. Is this normal behaviour for Win7? Check yours for me....(right click a shortcut, do you see run CPU AFFINITY-0 options)
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

You can change the cpu affinity when its running by pressing ctrl-alt-del then select "Start Task Manager" and "Processes" tab, right click glQrack.exe and set Affinity.. phew!
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I was doing that long-tedious process from the get go. It works,but it also is just plain mundane :/ HEH

Comment

BEER FOR ROOK!!

Run your games or applications on a single core to avoid crashes - Active+ Software

Comment

And with your assistance,I have FOUND the PRIMO solution, courtesy an old Microsoft application !!!

ImageCFG - Rob86Wiki

I ended up using..
            imagecfg /a 0x1 d:\games\quake\glqrack.exe

And now, my Qrack runs EVERYTIME, with an affinity of only Core0,without use of anything else,and now I'm returning home to Qrack for awhile. I've been missing some of the features I took for granted in it (most notable,in-console name building!)

Pretty sure it will be retained after a reboot, but untested as of now.

Comment

Working...
            X