Proquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proquake

I wanted to play quake on my psp. I found proquake 4.70 psp build, put it in my psp and started it up, quake loaded up and when I hit start, a black screen came up that said gfx/m_bttns.lmp was missing. How do I get this to work? I spent hours on the internet searching and found nothing. Can you guys help me out? thanks.

I'm no expert (particularly on the PSP) but It sounds as though it's looking for a file and cant find a path to it on your psp. I'm fairly sure if you approach an Administrator here called Baker, a nice helpful guy who played a pivotal role in writing the newer versions of PQ, and ask him nicely he usually does his best to provide an answer.

I must admit I always thought PQ was targetted for the PC and Linux platforms and wasnt aware it was designed to run on the PSP. Well you learn something every day . After a 5 second google I wonder if something like this might work for you as an alternative.

Good luck

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

m_bttns.lmp is inside Kurok PSP, just copy it from there inside your ProQuake and you are done

And yes, ProQuake is THE PSP engine

Comment

bttns.lmp is in the kurok pak0 (the pak0 file in the kurok folder) and when I try to move it into my pak0 in my ID1 folder I get an error saying i need the full quake to play modded games err something like that. I guess ill msg baker then.

Comment

I cant imagine playing Quake with the psp controller.
          I think the psp [quake] engine was just a tech demo that was taken too far. Quake's gameplay was not meant for it.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
            I cant imagine playing Quake with the psp controller.
            I think the psp [quake] engine was just a tech demo that was taken too far. Quake's gameplay was not meant for it.
            I tried playing single player Q1 PSP, and it was mega-difficult to say the least.

the speed isn't exactly up to my expectations either,considering that the psp max operating frequency is 333mhz according to my cfw menu.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
              I tried playing single player Q1 PSP, and it was mega-difficult to say the least.

the speed isn't exactly up to my expectations either,considering that the psp max operating frequency is 333mhz according to my cfw menu.
              I was playing the quake that mr burns posted and I think it was pretty good, there is very little lag, and I started a server on my psp and was playing with my brother on the wii, which I thought was pretty awesome.

I got used to the controls pretty fast, but there is no way I could vs anyone using a computer tho.

Comment

Originally posted by noh_mercy View Post
                I was playing the quake that mr burns posted and I think it was pretty good, there is very little lag, and I started a server on my psp and was playing with my brother on the wii, which I thought was pretty awesome.

I got used to the controls pretty fast, but there is no way I could vs anyone using a computer tho.
                my comparison is daily usage of DirectQ , mind you between 2k - 4k fluctuating between roaming and heavy fights in onliny multiplayer.

the psp is rather feeble when I go from DirectQ to PSP Quake of any flavor
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by noh_mercy View Post
                  I wanted to play quake on my psp. I found proquake 4.70 psp build, put it in my psp and started it up, quake loaded up and when I hit start, a black screen came up that said gfx/m_bttns.lmp was missing. How do I get this to work? I spent hours on the internet searching and found nothing. Can you guys help me out? thanks.
                  The pak2.pak file contains this, and is ONLY supposed to be used on the psp. Like someone said above, it can be found in kurok.

Comment

fn poppy****. its provided in the newest proquake zip,in another post Baker made, where I successfully fixed that problem + also enabled the PSP to run at 333mhz instead of 222mhz , which netted an extra 20-30 FPS.

Im too lazy to find the link

Comment

Working...
                    X