Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quake "Epsilon" Build Questions/criticisms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake "Epsilon" Build Questions/criticisms.

hey all. I downloaded and installed the latest Epsilon build.

My save games are gone. I didn't expect it to overwrite them. And that's fine but I was going through the campaign on nightmare and was about halfway through so my plan was to just use the console command and get to the last map of episode 1 and then 2 so I can collect the runes and get started on episode 3 about where I left off. But the map names seem to be different.

Typing in Map E1m7 in the console doesn't work anymore. What do I do?

Also, i'm on ultra and I think everything is as snazzy as it should be except no reflective glass. How do I turn that on?

Also, I LOVE how the ogre's actually aim vertically now. Love it. But I noticed MY grenades don't fly as far. Not sure if it's related, but I would like that part back to normal. Is such a thing possible?

Lastly (for now) some of the post death animations like the Shambler coming back to life briefly or any of them really kind of bug me. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Oh one more. The Water/Mud water/acid, whilst all look good, the water opacity options don't seem to do anything. And I think at least definitely the mud water and acid need to be less opaque. See through, but just a tiny bit would be better.

All in all is an amazing compilation of mods and looks gorgeous. If anyone can recommend me a solution for any of these i'd appreciate it greatly. Thanks!

Originally posted by Xombium View Post
    hey all. I downloaded and installed the latest Epsilon build.

My save games are gone. I didn't expect it to overwrite them. And that's fine but I was going through the campaign on nightmare and was about halfway through so my plan was to just use the console command and get to the last map of episode 1 and then 2 so I can collect the runes and get started on episode 3 about where I left off. But the map names seem to be different.

Typing in Map E1m7 in the console doesn't work anymore. What do I do?

Also, i'm on ultra and I think everything is as snazzy as it should be except no reflective glass. How do I turn that on?

Also, I LOVE how the ogre's actually aim vertically now. Love it. But I noticed MY grenades don't fly as far. Not sure if it's related, but I would like that part back to normal. Is such a thing possible?

Lastly (for now) some of the post death animations like the Shambler coming back to life briefly or any of them really kind of bug me. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Oh one more. The Water/Mud water/acid, whilst all look good, the water opacity options don't seem to do anything. And I think at least definitely the mud water and acid need to be less opaque. See through, but just a tiny bit would be better.

All in all is an amazing compilation of mods and looks gorgeous. If anyone can recommend me a solution for any of these i'd appreciate it greatly. Thanks!

REad the SMC readme file , and then open the SMC pk3 file with WinRAR or WinZIP, start weeding out what you don't want.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I didn't like the idea that you couldn't use the original music from Quake and its expansion packs. I found music packs which use them. Look for each of the following:
      "Quake-HQ-Music.pk3" for the core game.
      "SOA-HQ-Music.pk3" for the Scourge of Armagon expansion pack.
      "DOE-HQ-Music.pk3" for the Dissolution of Eternity expansion.

Comment

@iLikeTheUDK

or you could just simply go here
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...sic-packs.html
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
        X