No announcement yet.

1-800-IDGAMES? Registration? I'm lost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-800-IDGAMES? Registration? I'm lost.

So I bought the game for the first time ever at a Goodwill yesterday, and I managed to get it up and running today. Great fun, enjoying it a lot.

However, I'm wondering about the little message that pops up whenever I try to choose a level other than world one, the one that tells me to call 1-800-IDGAMES. The number isn't operational, and furthermore I don't understand why I have to register it in the first place. It isn't shareware, I bought it, CD and all.

I was wondering if there's a way to get those levels. How would I go about doing it?

Sorry for any inconvenience.

private message me and I'll point you in the right direction.

Comment

Iv had the same problem D: just stumbled upon this forum here, could you please help me too? I have the disk as well but cannot play more than the first level...

Comment

asking for fullversion quake is frowned upon. Quake1 is so fn old, I count well over 3 fully seeded active torrents that can be found at the most obv place.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

U both have shareware versiOn goto steam.com and buy it for $5
          Last edited by R00k; 07-26-2012, 10:13 AM.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I lost my cd years ago, went on amazon got one for $2.66 with shipping lol

Comment

frowned upon? they should be giving the thing away by now..
              Rambo[RuM]
              I support:
              Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
              Qrack - Thank You r00k
              Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
              Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Quake can't be given away, Legal blah blah brain hurts thinking about it more
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

For the most part, all we would really need to play online FREELY is a decent player model replacement, and recompiled gpl maps with new textures.
                  So for 90% of the online scene thats, 1 model (142frames) and dm3. Done. Or spend 2 minutes and 5$.
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Dudes. If you have the CD version, and installed both pak0.pak and pak1.pak, you don't have those problems.

Have the decency and use Google at least
                    Scout's Journey
                    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

[Link removed.

We have forum rules established by Solecord on this issue and you've been registered here 6 years, right?

-- Baker ]

haha really? for linking to a website.... that was hdz's clan website
                      Last edited by rambo; 07-26-2012, 04:43 PM.
                      Rambo[RuM]
                      I support:
                      Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                      Qrack - Thank You r00k
                      Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                      Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Originally posted by rambo View Post
                        frowned upon? they should be giving the thing away by now..
                        i agree. they should label it abandon ware.
                        My Avatars!
                        Quake Leagues
                        Quake 1.5!!!
                        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

abandonware is if the copyright has been passed and the maker lets it go. quake is still very much copyrighted
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                            i agree. they should label it abandon ware.
                            If id Software sells Quake on Steam for $9.99, why would you call it abandonware?

Abandonware is where the publisher no longer sells something or no longer exists to sell it.
                            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                              For the most part, all we would really need to play online FREELY is a decent player model replacement, and recompiled gpl maps with new textures.
                              So for 90% of the online scene thats, 1 model (142frames) and dm3. Done. Or spend 2 minutes and 5$.
                              Sounds?

Comment

Working...
                              X