No announcement yet.

Can't join proquake practice game ????!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't join proquake practice game ????!

Hey
    trying to get back into quake. got it working high res on my 27" screen. Can't seem to join the game though which is bizarre..tried jumping, shooting, console /ready, esc - join game, esc - join red tem etc etc etc..

how the heck do you join in the gameplay ? chase cam works great but isn't cutting it..

windows 7 64 bit os..

thanks

what server?
    "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

if it was a CA(Clan Arena) server, you have to press 1-4 to join a team, 1=blue, 2=red, 3=yellow, 4=green. But at that point, you have to wait for others to join to be able to play.

If you are by yourself on a server and just want to mess around until someone else joins, i'm pretty sure on any server all you have to do is type practice in the console. From there most servers will have you joined, some of the CA servers, you then have to type ready. then you can fire away.

Warning, i'm not sure what to do on an empty RuneQuake server. Everything else (Co-op, Runequake, Rocket Arena, etc...) should be pretty simple and have commands displayed on the screen when you join the server on how to start playing.
      "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

Sounds like he tried CAx server or mod. Can not play unless 2 persons are colored up obviously.

Comment

right, which is why my first question was which server. =D

Comment

Gonna hijack a thread here. striker, i'm officially starting the unban omi movement. The UOM. Yeah the ban.cfg is empty, he's blacklisted. You pay those ppl for servers, you are the customer, you are always right, make them unban. NOW!

If you want to, that is. that'd be cool, cuz, quoting mark here a little, More people equals More Fun.

Fok
            You
            Striker

Comment

thanks for all the responses..

I start the game - I select "practise", I'm not joing a public server...then I pick a map, add some bots, exec my config in the console...there is a count down to start the game - it starts, no matter what I do, I can't join the game...I"m a specator....whether it be esc join red, blue or team, it won't work...jumping a firing doesn't work either...what gives ?

is there a console command ?

life is too short, just wanted some nostalgic fun on a weekend, this is more like a bad day at work...

Comment

Are we talking about Quake1.

Select Practice , Pick a Map, Add Some Bots , Countdown. BRAH THATS Q3?

Are you playing at NEWDM? Are we talking about Quake1 again. That order of process reminds me so much of Quake3....

In quake 1,

connect server.address.name ( like cax.quakeitup.com )
                Push 1 to joint Blue,2 to join Red, 3 to join Yellow,and 4 to prove your a newb (I hate the color green)

Done. Wait on someone else to join, if you lack patience then plan for failure. I'll go idle right now at cax.quakeitup.com ,and get a game going. GG

the examples given above only apply to Clan Arena servers.
                Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-12-2012, 02:11 PM.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

This is quake3 promode - not the original...The bots are playing, I'm not...not sure how I can make it any clearer...do I press 1 from the console ? tried that.../1, /2 etc...

thanks

Comment

okay - played more with the settings - apparently somehow I had 1 vs. 1 as the game type which I didn't realize - always played ctf...so once I changed that I was able to join a game .... doh !!!!! knew it was something stupid...weird cause I added a bunch of bots but all seemed to be playing...thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by mass View Post
                      Hey
                      trying to get back into quake. got it working high res on my 27" screen. Can't seem to join the game though which is bizarre..tried jumping, shooting, console /ready, esc - join game, esc - join red tem etc etc etc..

how the heck do you join in the gameplay ? chase cam works great but isn't cutting it..

windows 7 64 bit os..

thanks

where the fuck does that post say "Hey im trying to get Quake 3 Pro working" (which btw is NOT ProQuake) because Seriously brah, these folks are all offering you help in connecting / playing on a Quake1 server.

Maybe next time you'll read the websites title / address then realize you're asking a bunch of OG's about some newb ass unrelated game. We are Q1 gamers.Luls welcome to Quake1, if you want to play a real FPS go buy Q1 @ Steam then we'll re-assist you, with a real game. FOK?

http://quakeone.com/proquake/ = ProQuake
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                        where the fuck does that post say "Hey im trying to get Quake 3 Pro working" (which btw is NOT ProQuake) because Seriously brah, these folks are all offering you help in connecting / playing on a Quake1 server.

Maybe next time you'll read the websites title / address then realize you're asking a bunch of OG's about some newb ass unrelated game. We are Q1 gamers.Luls welcome to Quake1, if you want to play a real FPS go buy Q1 @ Steam then we'll re-assist you, with a real game. FOK?

ProQuake 4: The official continuation of ProQuake = ProQuake
                        He might be a kid like 8 or 11 years old or from an island country using Google translate to communicate with us.

This site is very easily findable in the search engines.

I'm just saying ...

[Although I definitely understand the frustration with the low quality info provided ... and we happen to have a Quake 3 map screenshot [via FTEQW on a home page news item] and a DM map that looks Q3 ish ... so even if not, surface appearances look like people on the site might know the answer, heheh ...]
                        Last edited by Baker; 08-12-2012, 07:19 PM.
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Also for most of the world Quake is Q3A so he most likely searched quake in google and came to the most active quake site he could find for advice,no reason to go postal on him.It is not like we could not help him out.
                          WARNING
                          May be too intense for some viewers.
                          Stress Relief Device
                          ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                          ---------------------------
                          .--------------------------

Comment

GD mindz... haha. did we get butt hurt in freezetag minutes before these responses? you're usually very patient and helpful with these guys. Pack another bowl bro, the first one didn't take. <3 (love is for girls)

Comment

Most Q3 forums (not QuakeJive), are dead. Most people playing Q3 were not born when it came out. It can be frustrating trying to solve a problem, then realizing wait he's talking about something else. Sometimes players here have experience with other games; doesnt hurt to ask. If they do seem unresponsive, the ol' "wtf y u no understand engwish!" is in order.
                              Last edited by R00k; 08-12-2012, 09:32 PM.
                              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                              X