Problem with RT world lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with RT world lighting

Hi, I'm having a problem with darkplaces using RT world lighting, in the map e1m6 theres a corridor thats supposed to be totally pitch black till you get the runekey (the level where it says now your way has been lit...). For some reason the RT world enabled lighting is making this entire hallway all brightly lit up, I tried both the inkub0 rtlights, as well as the romi rtlights and both ways had the issue. it seems like light is being emitted right out of that texture when its not supposed to at all, any idea how i can fix it?

erm... you can try editing the rtlights, and remove those lights there which you dont want

i dont know thought how to do this
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hi splitter, I figured out how to delete them using r_editlights commands at the console but it would be nice if I can trigger them to start off and then turn on when you grab the runekey. I don't see how to add a targetname to an rtlight though like you can do on an entity light, does anyone here know how?

PS If anyone can give me information on .lit, .dlit, .rtlights, cubemaps, and "luma textures" I would really appreciate it, I used to be a quake mapper and I might want to go back to it sometime. Is anyone here still making maps?

Comment

@echos
        this is sadly not possible in quake, lights that turn on and off like that

however, if you look here, you can find info about an update to fteqw, which supports the FBSP map format which does supports lights that can do this: http://quakeone.com/news/site-news/8...penkatana.html
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

echos, you need to give then the correct style value (should be 1 higher than the origional light's .style value). This will make thier relative light levels match the levels the qc sets for the origional lighting.
          It'll probably be around the value 33.
          Some Game Thing

Comment

Thanks for the info spike that fixes it right up, I never knew the compiler gave a style number to linked lights in the bsp

Comment

Working...
            X