Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DirectQ + 24bit custom player texture/skin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectQ + 24bit custom player texture/skin?

Can I use this http://www.quakeone.com/qrack/pakX.zip with DirectQ?

It contains these files....

player_0.png
    player_0_pants.png
    player_0_shirt.png
    player_0_shirtbackup.png
    player_1.png
    player_1_pants.png
    player_1_shirt.png
    player_3.png
    player_3_luma.png
    player_3_pants.png
    player_3_shirt.png

I tried using it as a Pak, no luck, tried ripping out contents of Pak and manually stuffing them in textures folder, no go :F
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

isnt the naming of textures in crack different?

cuz i know that what you listed is the naming from darkplaces, not?

i dunno what the naming of textures in qrack should be, but i know its different then darkplaces naming
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

The Pak was designed for Qrack by r00k.(with a Q, crack is ghetto dope! lol)

I don't know who made it the replacement texture,I just know that r00k borrowed it, nor do I know anything about naming scheme's for replacement textures in each individual client.

I know,that DirectQ supports replacement ITEM / Map textures , so I am inclined to believe that DirectQ will support the replacement playermodel texture , too ! DirectQ is the engine in question, not Qrack/Darkplaces. :/
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

She is right,you need to rename them to follow generic quake naming convention.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
          She is right,you need to rename them to follow generic quake naming convention.
          no clue haha.

Comment

Unpak the original pak1 and look at how the textures are named,then change all the names in the qrack pak to the same manner.
            WARNING
            May be too intense for some viewers.
            Stress Relief Device
            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
            ---------------------------
            .--------------------------

Comment

Probably won't work; DirectQ uses a colormapping scheme for player skins that is damn fast but is also more about being fully compatible with the original engine than it is about adding support for this kind of setup. This is in line with the philosophy of "DirectQ isn't really a content-replacement engine".

On the other hand, if at least 2 other engines supported this skin replacement naming convention I'd be a little more willing to also support it.
              IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

The player skins are named as modelname_skinnumber.imageformat
                DP uses modelname.mdl_skinnumber.imageformat
                I don't think Dq has support for that but I'm not sure
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                X