location files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• location files?

what are location files? ive heard of them and see them used. could some body give me a common sense explanation? and maybe some installation tips. any help is welcomed!!
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Location files are text files that have the 2-d box origin or an area that you wanna locate using a team message "say_team I am @ %l"
    The %l tells the client to translate your location within the pre-determined area contained in your .loc file.
    DarkPlaces and Qrack have a built in loc editor.

each box is defined by two points in opposite corners of the 2d horizontal box.
    (x1 y1 z1, x2 y2 z2)

so example your loc file has "0 254 48 200 34 48 HOME"
    then when u are within that location it would pint
    I am @ HOME when u move into those coordinates on the map.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection - Quake 1 File Downloads - frenzylocs.zip <- the loc files belong in Locs folder like this

\Quake\ID1\locs\all_loc_files_belong_here.loc

Mine is D:\Games\Quake\ID1\locs , and inside the locs folder are tons and tons of .loc files
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

ah that is actually quite nice, those loc files. i seen mention of them before but also never had a clue what they were.

but its a neat thing that this is possible, makes it much easier to quickly tell someone where you are

im gonna modify those though and replace the name of locations defined within the locs so they are usable for coop instead
        so they say 'start' and 'first bridge' and stuff like that instead of 'ng spawn' and 'ssg' and such
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Yes. Teamplay NetQuake is always full of MM2 spam. I have two basic ones,

team location , armor/health is one of my say_team binds, and
          enemy is near location , is the other basic.

I recently added "Im Frozen at location" for Freezetag, which no one ever wants to play :F WTFOK BRUCE?!!??

bind ? "say_team im at %l w/ A:%aH:%h w/ %w"
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

so basicaly, all i have to do is put the loc files in the loc folder, then bind a key with the said command, and then im good to go?

(just clarifying here... )
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

yup.
              I have: bind f1 "say_team Im at %l w/ %hH & %aA"

so if i was playing and I pressed f1 it would tell anyone on my team my location defined in the loc along with health and armor. %h defines health and %a defines armor. the additional 'H' and 'A' just let my team know which number is which. so if i had 100 health and 200 armor it would look like:

( Rambo----[RuM]: ) Im at Red Base with 100H & 200A
              Rambo[RuM]
              I support:
              Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
              Qrack - Thank You r00k
              Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
              Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

thanks for all the help. got it set up with no probs (whew)...

one more question i have is how to show where an enemy is. i assume you bind this: bind <key> "say_team enemy is near %l" in which %l is your current location. right?
                Last edited by Syluxguy28O3; 09-29-2012, 03:16 PM.
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Ya %l current loc %d where u died last
                  So u can "say_team died at %d enemy nearby. "
                  Or "saves pack at %d"
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                    Ya %l current loc %d where u died last
                    So u can "say_team died at %d enemy nearby. "
                    Or "saves pack at %d"
                    just not in CA cuz once u die your white, it would need to be

"say died at %d enemy nearby"

Comment

Working...
                    X