transparent weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transparent weapons

is there a command to make your weapons transparent (see-thru)?
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

DirectQ supports it,

r_drawviewmodel .5 for half , but all you really need is the ability to tell what weapon is out and for me, .2 or .3 is best (i dont use it anymore,it lobs off a trivial amount of FPS in DirectQ for me,so I choose to have r_wateralpha .4 and r_novis 1 turned on for water / bridge fights.

I recommend trying to slowly increase your FOV , default is 90 and dont know if you changed yours but in console,

fov 100
    maybe 110 , and you'll gain a great amount of "what you can see all around you",but going much further past 120/125 becomes overly hard because the point directly in front of you that your looking at gets pushed further and further back (Objects in the Front may appear to be FURTHER away than they appear!)
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Objects in the Front may appear to be FURTHER away than they (appear -5pts) are.

something can't appear to be more/less than it appears

How is the mapping coming bro?
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
        Objects in the Front may appear to be FURTHER away than they (appear -5pts) are.

something can't appear to be more/less than it appears

How is the mapping coming bro?
        It's going,havent dabbled too much in it.Patience will see me through to the end hehe,thanks again!!

Raising your Field of View does not bring what you see in front of you closer. Try it,fire up quake ,try FOV 90 (stock quake) , FOV 45 (half stock quake) , and then try FOV 125, thats what I use.

Your distorting how much you're seeing by creating a type of tunnel vision effect...like someone is pinching the center of your screen and "pulling it away from you" , literally stretching.
        Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 10-02-2012, 09:00 PM.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hello syluxman2803,

Interesting topic.
          When I happen to look professional Quake-demos on tournaments, these players always use transparent weapons. I usualy dont watch many of them, because I must vomit when I watch too long

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
            Hello syluxman2803,

Interesting topic.
            When I happen to look professional Quake-demos on tournaments, these players always use transparent weapons. I usualy dont watch many of them, because I must vomit when I watch too long
            i was on youtube watching vids and i saw a guy use transarent weapons. i thought i would try it out for myself, and i do like it.
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

In Qrack u r_drawviewmodel % where the percent is 0 to .99
              For pro quake it's just r_drawviewmodel 0 or 1
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

im having a problem. im using the command, but when i quit and open back up later, the weapon is solid again.advice?
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

put it in autoexec
                  WARNING
                  May be too intense for some viewers.
                  Stress Relief Device
                  ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                  ---------------------------
                  .--------------------------