alias trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alias trouble

so im trying to alias my mouse3 to switch to the gl and fire 4 grenades, then go back to my prev weapon. so i aliased this:

alias qg "+quickgrenade;+quickgrenade;+quickgrenade;+quickg renade"
    then:
    bind mouse3 qg

the problem is when i use it. i push mouse3, then it keeps firing grenades until i go empty. i tried adding -attack to the end of the alias, but then it just switches to the gl and then does nothing. help?
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
    so im trying to alias my mouse3 to switch to the gl and fire 4 grenades, then go back to my prev weapon. so i aliased this:

alias qg "+quickgrenade;+quickgrenade;+quickgrenade;+quickg renade"
    then:
    bind mouse3 qg

the problem is when i use it. i push mouse3, then it keeps firing grenades until i go empty. i tried adding -attack to the end of the alias, but then it just switches to the gl and then does nothing. help?
    alias +qg "+quickgrenade;wait;+quickgrenade;wait;+quickgrena de;wait;+quickgrenade"
    alias -qg "-attack;wait;impulse 10"
    bind "mouse3" "qg"
    try that and let us know.
    Last edited by bluntz; 10-14-2012, 12:42 AM.
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Comment

it only fires one grenade, then switches back.
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

think thats proquake only?
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
          my mouse3 to switch to the gl and fire 4 grenades
          Cannot be done. Final answer.

Reason: An alias can set an attack state, but does not know when an attack is completed. What you are trying to do is absolutely, unequivocally impossible. It is not even possible to make a reliable alias to fire even just 2 grenades, the alias would have to kludge through several client frames trying to guess when an attack is completed to try to fire another one, and this on the client varies by frames per second.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

What you CAN do is change weapons, if you combine quickgrenade with quickrox it will fire both without having to wait for the attack period for the GL but you will have to wait the attack period for the RL after you do this.Also you will have to press it again or it wont switch back to GL.
            I dont see why you can not just push the button 4 times to get 4 grenades off.
            WARNING
            Stress Relief Device
            ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

What's funny is that a quick grenade bind isn't even assured of throwing even one grenade --- except that if you hold it long enough, it will.

Try this: load up start map, fire a rocket and immediately press a button/key bound to a quick grenade but let go really quick.

If you did it fast enough, no grenade was fired because the refire rate of the next attack hasn't been hit after firing the rocket.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

oh well. thanks for the help!
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

The GL's faster refire rate than the RL is why I usually lead off my attack with a GL followed by a RL. Especially in water...
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I have the the quickgrenade alias combined to quickrox and it tosses 1 gren followed immediately by a rox and works just fine.I usually see a WTF was that from the enemy all the time.
                    WARNING
                    Stress Relief Device
                    ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

Cannot be done. Final answer.
                      this works for me...

Code:
                      alias "w5: wait;wait;wait;wait;wait"

alias qf "+attack;w5;w5;w5;-attack;"

alias +qgf "impulse 6;qf;w5;qf;w5;qf;w5;qf;w5;qf;w5;qf;w5;qf;w5;qf;"
                      alias -qgf "-attack;"
                      bind mouse3 +qgf

I had to use 8 calls to qf maybe i should add some more waits... but 4 nades fly and then it stops

Personally I dont like using alias commands like this, it waters down your control in-game.
                      Last edited by R00k; 10-14-2012, 03:56 PM.
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

eh, i dont think i care about this enough to try ur suggestion rook. but thanks anyway!
                        My Avatars!
                        Quake Leagues
                        Quake 1.5!!!
                        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                          this works for me...

Code:

alias -qgf "-attack;"
                          bind mouse3 +qgf

I had to use 8 calls to qf maybe i should add some more waits... but 4 nades fly and then it stops

Personally I dont like using alias commands like this, it waters down your control in-game.
                          Rook for MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                            this works for me...

Code:

alias -qgf "-attack;"
                            bind mouse3 +qgf

That is gonna behave differently at say 72 fps versus 600 fps, because "wait" delays for a single frame.

With 72 fps, that "wait" delay will be 13 milliseconds, but at 600 fps it will be 1.5 milliseconds. It won't behave identically one Quake config to the next.

Comment

the wait command is evil and will stop +forward etc from working in the interim.
                              Some Game Thing

Comment

Working...
                              X