No announcement yet.

alias trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All i see the wait command doing is skipping the cmd buffer execution until next ticrate.

I bound mouse1 to "wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait"
    held my +forward key and spammed mouse1, I never stopped.

*shrugs*
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

alias die "wait; die"; die

now try walking.
      or getting to the console, for that matter
      some clients might still let you exit the game at least.
      Some Game Thing

Comment

10 goto 30
        20 goto 10
        30 goto 20

goto is evil! c'mon really?

So what you are really saying is that wait should be expanded to take a parameter? Wait 0.01385 will wait 1 (qw) ticrate, wait 1000 will wait 1 second.
        Last edited by R00k; 10-15-2012, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
          eh, i dont think i care about this enough to try ur suggestion rook. but thanks anyway!

Wait. you cared enough to ask on a forum, but not enough to copy paste bind to a cfg?
          For cereal man?
          Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

I ran into this type of issue (alias shit) and asked a question / never used the answer.

My issue was multipurpose buttons like space bar, in CA its swim down, in shmack its a BELLY hook , and in CTF its a morning star. during heavy CTF play, I would go to smack and get angry that I couldn't use the "3Wave hook" at runequake.

Someone (r00k probably) offered a solution and it didn't quite work exactly like I was either expecting or wasn't exact enough and I just gave up on the idea. my space bar just gets rebound inbetween shmack/CTF gameplay
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I remember that. You wanted an impulse 22 style hook for runequake's belly hook...We made an alias that pressed 1 twice to select the hook.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                I remember that. You wanted an impulse 22 style hook for runequake's belly hook...We made an alias that pressed 1 twice to select the hook.
                yah and im accustom to pushing space button once "impulse 22" then attack

bind space "impulse 22"
                +attack

= winning

but i just deal with +hook now hehe
                they are ctf NOW but wont put it in normal mode so wtf RAGEQUIT
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                X