getting quake 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting quake 1

hi im new here and im kind of new to quake, although not new to iD software, as you can probably tell by my username lol. Ive played some quake live and its fun but i want to play quake 1 because it is what started the series.

I'm having trouble getting the game though, because i can't find any good downloads and im hesitant to torrent the game because i dont' want my school tracking it because they got an honor code system and if im caught stealing I could get kicked out. I also heard a lot of people here still play the game online by connecting to servers via the in game console, I'd love to get in on that as well, but I'd need a version that would be compatible.

Thanks

Originally posted by thedoomguy View Post
    hi im new here and im kind of new to quake, although not new to iD software, as you can probably tell by my username lol. Ive played some quake live and its fun but i want to play quake 1 because it is what started the series.

I'm having trouble getting the game though, because i can't find any good downloads and im hesitant to torrent the game because i dont' want my school tracking it because they got an honor code system and if im caught stealing I could get kicked out. I also heard a lot of people here still play the game online by connecting to servers via the in game console, I'd love to get in on that as well, but I'd need a version that would be compatible.

Thanks
    legal methods include going to id site or steam.
    there are a few quake torrents around.

as far as compatibility to online servers, use proquake. u can get the lastest version here: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...4-91-beta.html
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by thedoomguy View Post

Thanks
      Did you get here from YouTube? just curious !
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
        legal methods include going to id site or steam.
        there are a few quake torrents around.

as far as compatibility to online servers, use proquake. u can get the lastest version here: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...4-91-beta.html
        Thanks,

and no i didn't i was surfing the internet about quake 1 stuff and i stumbled upon this site

Comment

Cheapest way will be to get a copy off ebay then you have also the soundtrack included.

Comment

QUAKE on Steam

Soundtrack PFT. 9.99 and join us in NetQuake CAX
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

im guessing for proquake i need all of the files and stuff it just comes with the client?

Comment

All you really need is pak0.pak and pak1.pak, and an engine. Proquake was recommended... it's a good starting point, but if you're interested you could get Quake looking like this fairly easily:

e|------------------------0---------------
                B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                A|---------------0------------------------
                E|----------------------------------------

Comment

check out [link removed --- Baker, can't have illegal download links in forum]
                  lots of cool files on that Cough*
                  Last edited by Baker; 10-21-2012, 12:01 PM.
                  Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

eh i just dished out 10 bucks on steam for the game i don't mind lol its a good game and 10 bucks isn't much

Comment

monoz,

Could you please keep your warez sites out of this forum ?
                      Thank you.

Comment

how dare mono link this innocent person to the hdz website. SHAME ON YEW
                        "

Comment

warez sites? clan hell dogz is a established ctf clan!
                          Rambo[RuM]
                          I support:
                          Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                          Qrack - Thank You r00k
                          Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                          Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Established clan or not, they still host illegal downloads. It doesn't matter that "Quake is an old game, surely they don't mind, etc blah" - it's still illegal.
                            IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

god forbid a law was broke or a rule.
                              Rambo[RuM]
                              I support:
                              Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                              Qrack - Thank You r00k
                              Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                              Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Working...
                              X