problem with Qrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with Qrack

So, when I edit settings in-game, they don't save. As soon as I exit, they're undone.

When I try to save them to an autoexec file, or config, only SOME settings stay (graphic ones only), and keybinds (i.e. messagemode, +forward, or whatever) all come undone.

What in the name of fuck is going on?

The configs seem to be in the right folders (why else would the graphics settings change), but the keybinds definitely do not.

Any ideas?

savedgamecfg "1"

Comment

what

Comment

look in Qrack folder, config.cfg inside Qrack folder is the file you want to edit.
        If you have to , edit the file/save it / make it read only if it continues to revert in file properties attributes.

I had this exact same problem with my last version of Qrack, but quickly fixed it by cleaning out my Quake folder! I am finding this is the solution to lots of problems (Like the newest ProQuake crashing at launch,caused by a cluttered ID1 folder! something in ID1 breaks the newest ProQuake for me,fact)

keep ID1 folder, ditch the rest, extract clients to a new Quake folder, stick ID1 back in. then work on cleaning ID1 folder,this is my next step.

Tossing shit into the Quake folder every other day / updates ontop of updates to engines / mixed engines in one Quake folder = eventual Quake folder meltdown.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
          look in Qrack folder, config.cfg inside Qrack folder is the file you want to edit.
          If you have to , edit the file/save it / make it read only if it continues to revert in file properties attributes.

I had this exact same problem with my last version of Qrack, but quickly fixed it by cleaning out my Quake folder! I am finding this is the solution to lots of problems (Like the newest ProQuake crashing at launch,caused by a cluttered ID1 folder! something in ID1 breaks the newest ProQuake for me,fact)

keep ID1 folder, ditch the rest, extract clients to a new Quake folder, stick ID1 back in. then work on cleaning ID1 folder,this is my next step.

Tossing shit into the Quake folder every other day / updates ontop of updates to engines / mixed engines in one Quake folder = eventual Quake folder meltdown.
          yep. i hate cleaning my q folders.
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

good call mindz, that worked. i had about 10,000 cfg type folders all over the place. unfortunately i don't know any of the commands, or what changes what

is there a list of qrack and basic commands somewhere?

Comment

and more importantly, is there a way to get rid of that godawful font, and back to the original?

Comment

get PakXplorer from here
                Open the Pak file found inside Qrack folder, look for pak0.pak
                then open it and browse to what you see in this picture I just snapped off.

You'll probably want to remove all of those charset files. (move them / copy them out of the pak file to somewhere safe) , delete them from the Pak, then close PakXplorer (tell it YES,no it doesnt take long anymore lol its instantaneous)

Try running Qrack , check for classic FONT's / if it works good.
                If not,(SHIT!!!!!!!!!) shove everything you deleted back into the Pak file where it belongs and wait on r00k I was just joking btw Ascrok, I really enjoy this game / strive to help people / hope to have many good games with you in the future.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

and check your Friendship Requests in your User CP , I added you as a friend / requested.

Comment

Gl_consolefont "" will give u classic font
                    There are charset-1 to charset-12 to choose from though
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                    X