WarField.QuakeOne.com updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarField.QuakeOne.com updated

The server has been updated with ProQuake Server Ver1.

This includes anti-wall hack and a bunch of other useful updates, thanks Baker!

If you haven't checked out the latest and greatest Clan Arena X server you're missing out on some real no-bullshit fun!

connect WarField.QuakeOne.com

Get to fraggin!
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

sweet, need to check this out...!

I'll have a new version of CAx finished soon. though v1.97a is on the cax webpage...
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

It was really geared for a FFA deathmatch kind of server, at least a couple of the features, but the rest of them are very general purpose.

I hope it solves problems. In an imaginary world, would be interesting on, say, the Shmack server, but that runs Linux --- but it would be funny to see (set sv_frags_to_talk to 2 and with remarkably hard to evade chat-filter ... haha).

The chat filter is strong enough and smart enough and penalizes not via censorship but by making your communication awkward as to be perceived strangely --- which is quite the opposite intent that a harasser would want, and harassers tend to be socially concerned. So it would be funny to witness ...

But sv_frags_to_talk is absolutely useless on a matchmode server because players need to communicate a lot to setup teams and they had no frags or negative frags while doing so.

In another world, maybe ... But not this one. There is no beating The Tragedy of the Commons (which is catch-22 with free resources and an interesting real world problem with free resources).
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

it doesnt affect practice mode,which I sat there forever it seemed like then closed client. WTFOK
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I would think the hiatus from Quake coding was, Quake gaming!
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
            I would think the hiatus from Quake coding was, Quake gaming!
            I've done quite a bit of Quake coding, it just isn't the kind that would appeal to most people here.

Examples: Rewriting the entire video and input code in FitzQuake. Making single player demos bake the skill level into the demo. Autocompletion of everything of everything in the console. Rewriting the lightmaps code or the texture upload code.

But most people don't find these things "interesting" --- I don't really either --- I am attacking those because they make me mad and I decided I was done looking at them. A different engine project put a significant dent into some of those issues, I saw blood in the water and decided to attack those things once and for all.

This, however, does not make interesting conversation.

There isn't really any improvement that could be made to ProQuake 4.93, as an example. Server browser, connect, play, stuff works, is easy, downloads map. If you see what I mean.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

kudos to you coding I'm still quaking as the normal, Shmack was hella lagged a moment ago I was pinging 150 ?! wtf. I need to contact slot about that

Comment

Making single player demos bake the skill level into the demo.
                I remember some other demo thing you did. I don't remember what it was, but I do remember that it was somehow important. Ohhh wait, it's coming back...demo playing as a ghost at the same time you play (or something very close). You rape the mess out of demos (lol).

You should make an instant replay feature, for the hell of it. Some cvar could be set and the engine could start recording demos the second there is at least one enemy in viewable range and then stop when everything is dead (except the player), then the user could hit a key and watch a replay of the fight. Pressing another key will commit it as "non-overwritable" so it can be perma-saved, whereas not hitting that key will just overwrite it on the next replay capture.

Maybe that already exists... I really don't know. What I do know is: I just saved a lot of money by switching my auto insurance to Geico, and by enrolling in their customer referral program, I can pass that savings on to my friends and loved ones. (apparently arbitrary social contacts, strangers and enemies are disqualified)
                Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-16-2013, 05:10 PM.
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                  You should make an instant replay feature, for the hell of it.
                  That was sort of the path I was headed to. Not necessarily fast, but wanted to explore that some before continuing further.

People underestimate the value of demos. Demos are social media and sharing. Which puts me in the minority I guess, MH didn't care about demos and, for instance, DarkPlaces as far as I know still can't record them mid-game.

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                  switching my auto insurance to Geico, and by enrolling in their customer referral program, I can pass that savings on to my friends and loved ones.
                  GEICO is awesome. I give them a bag of nickels every 6 months.

Comment

Working...
                  X