Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Small update: wworld01 has been added to the server and we played it last night with a "new" player called Dogmeat. Good fun!

I did speak with Dolemite (concerning Beatdown Alley/BDA) who said he would have a trawl through his files and see what he could find.

I've also tried to PM Wicked Lord/Striker concerning his post here in the hope that he could contact lefty and get a copy of the mod to me. [Fingers crossed]

I did take a quick look at the code for the RQP source in the hope that we could introduce custom maps and map voting. Time was a bit limited of late and I couldnt find it but I'll see what I can find ASAP unless someone more familiar with coding Quake mods (cough, *Rook*, cough) might offer to help

Kind regards

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Originally posted by Polarite View Post
    Good job Monty , just what we needed.
    FFANY(newyork.servequake.com:26000) is also ffany.quakeone.com official dns for that server.
    @both: as always I'm happy to help if I can, and it keeps a certain individual out of what's left of my hair
    I've updated the little Webby with the FFANY connection DNS

Also, I'm looking for a copy of the BDA mod. Lefty emailed it to me years ago but I can't seem to find it. If anyone would be kind enough to link me to a working copy of the Beatdown Alley mod I would be grateful. I keep trying to catch Dolemite on Shmack but he's proving elusive

Lastly, I'm getting some requests for custom maps (for example wworld01 which I'll add to the server) So I'll see if this is a possibility. In principle it should be as the mod is based on RuneQuake but re-compiling has been a bit of an error prone headache previously
    @Pol/Peg: Unfortunately I'm at work at the moment else I would check this myself but does the FFA "Magic" work on this server? I only ask as this may give us a workaround for custom map voting if the source proves to be problematic.

Kind regards
    Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 10-11-2013, 07:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Polarite
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
    Just so the admins can keep track of changes to the server I've put a very basic and as yet unfinished page here. It's not great, was very rushed (so that we could at least have something to show) but it was better than nothing and hopefully, when it is complete, it will help players get to know what is available, get any files they may need for the other ports (Painkeep, or RQuake Map Packs for example), and get playing ....hopefully

All the admins are welcome to have access, just contact me through the usual channels

Kind regards

Monty
    Good job Monty , just what we needed.

FFANY(newyork.servequake.com:26000) is also ffany.quakeone.com official dns for that server.
    Last edited by Polarite; 10-09-2013, 12:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• =peg=
    replied
    Good stuff Monty!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Just so the admins can keep track of changes to the server I've put a very basic and as yet unfinished page here. It's not great, was very rushed (so that we could at least have something to show) but it was better than nothing and hopefully, when it is complete, it will help players get to know what is available, get any files they may need for the other ports (Painkeep, or RQuake Map Packs for example), and get playing ....hopefully

All the admins are welcome to have access, just contact me through the usual channels

Kind regards

Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 10-09-2013, 03:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Let me know when your mod is ready and we'll what we can do

Yeah, thanks for the game it was really good fun. To be honest my performance was more a mix a sheer luck and blind panic than any form of real skill. If my ping can stay below 120 let's do it again sometime

Kind regards

Monty

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    I was hoping to finish my ZombieMash Mod before Halloween!

It's an FFA mod, of sorts... hopefully i'll have time before i turn into a werewolf!

p.s monty, GG on RQ, that mid air rl shot was all i had against your constant barrage of pain!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied

Well my friend you're in luck! The RQP mod is currently running on newyork.servequake.com:26010 so jump on in and enjoy some of the fun. On the subject of the 10 ton man rune, I was playing, i say "playing" - it was a case of exploding regularly, against Olden-tu last night and apparently he was killed IN MID AIR when I used the rune to create a force 5 tremor. I didn't even know it could do that. Great fun

My thanks to Beavis, Olden_tu, and Gem for the games tonight and helping test the server out. I believe that most. if not all, of the modifications have been implemented this evening but if you spot anything else that needs changing please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

As always, a big thanks to Pol (all hail) for... well... just about everything

Kind regards

Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 10-20-2013, 04:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
    I was at a loose end (for once), started playing around with some older mods and after enjoying a walk down memory lane I wondered if there was any interest in playing some of these classic multiplayer mods on a server. I was thinking specifically of the fun mods like RuneQuake+ or Beatdown Alley (BDA). I'm happy to work on the logistics of it but if there are a small number of players wanting to have a bit of fun I might be able (with Pol's agreement of course) to set something up on Newyork.servequake.com.
    I know a couple of Runequakers who have shown an interest in RQP as they used to play it on the PITA's Fear Server, and one player who said he would play BDA "all day" , but would anyone else fancy a change from the norm and try a new/old Quake challenge?

Kind regards

Monty
    I really miss the older rune mods. Shambler flea rune , 10 ton Man rune , etc

I remember using 10 ton or w/e it was agaisnt DFG during his tourney, back during the TLTQ days.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Originally posted by Polarite View Post
    Mr.Burns you can start any mod on the server that you want, your my number 1 admin there!

I'm honoured. If you haven't done it already I'll move the 26007 mod to 26010 for now
    If we get some interest in playing I'll try and put something simple together to help players get any content they may be missing and basically get on the server (downloads, map pack, etc).

Kind regards

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Polarite
    replied
    newyork.servequake.com:26010 is added on the frontpage quakeone for random mods.

Leave a comment:

• Polarite
    replied
    Mr.Burns you can start any mod on the server that you want, your my number 1 admin there!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    I was at a loose end (for once), started playing around with some older mods and after enjoying a walk down memory lane I wondered if there was any interest in playing some of these classic multiplayer mods on a server. I was thinking specifically of the fun mods like RuneQuake+ or Beatdown Alley (BDA). I'm happy to work on the logistics of it but if there are a small number of players wanting to have a bit of fun I might be able (with Pol's agreement of course) to set something up on Newyork.servequake.com.
    I know a couple of Runequakers who have shown an interest in RQP as they used to play it on the PITA's Fear Server, and one player who said he would play BDA "all day" , but would anyone else fancy a change from the norm and try a new/old Quake challenge?

Kind regards

Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 10-08-2013, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Hi ffxivgil
    Assuming this isn't some spam/bot posting, I'm guessing this has been posted to the wrong thread as it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the New York Quake servers. Perhaps the Introduce yourself thread or other games might be more appropriate?

If that is the case, welcome to QuakeOne.com and I hope you enjoy your stay
    However. if it is some spam/bot posting - BE GONE WITH YOU and please do not darken our doorway again!

Regards
    Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 09-26-2013, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Many thanks Polarite!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X