No announcement yet.

New Quakeserver Damage_UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm coming the ping is really incredible... now only if Polarite could get off my fokin back!

18:00 Eastern Time

Location (Start time)
    Accra (Fri 22:00)
    Addis Ababa (Sat 01:00)
    Adelaide (Sat 07:30)
    Algiers (Fri 23:00)
    Almaty (Sat 04:00)
    Amman (Sat 01:00)
    Amsterdam (Sat 00:00)
    Anadyr (Sat 10:00)
    Anchorage (Fri 14:00)
    Ankara (Sat 01:00)
    Antananarivo (Sat 01:00)
    Asuncion (Fri 18:00)
    Athens (Sat 01:00)
    Atlanta (Fri 18:00)
    Auckland (Sat 10:00)
    Baghdad (Sat 01:00)
    Bangalore (Sat 03:30)
    Bangkok (Sat 05:00)
    Barcelona (Sat 00:00)
    Beijing (Sat 06:00)
    Beirut (Sat 01:00)
    Belgrade (Sat 00:00)
    Berlin (Sat 00:00)
    Bogota (Fri 17:00)
    Boston (Fri 18:00)
    Brasilia (Fri 19:00)
    Brisbane (Sat 08:00)
    Brussels (Sat 00:00)
    Bucharest (Sat 01:00)
    Budapest (Sat 00:00)
    Buenos Aires (Fri 19:00)
    Cairo (Sat 00:00)
    Calgary (Fri 16:00)
    Canberra (Sat 08:00)
    Cape Town (Sat 00:00)
    Caracas (Fri 17:30)
    Casablanca (Fri 23:00)
    Chicago (Fri 17:00)
    Columbus (Fri 18:00)
    Copenhagen (Sat 00:00)
    Dallas (Fri 17:00)
    Dar es Salaam (Sat 01:00)
    Darwin (Sat 07:30)
    Denver (Fri 16:00)
    Detroit (Fri 18:00)
    Dhaka (Sat 04:00)
    Doha (Sat 01:00)
    Dubai (Sat 02:00)
    Dublin (Fri 23:00)
    Edmonton (Fri 16:00)
    Frankfurt (Sat 00:00)
    Guatemala (Fri 16:00)
    Halifax (Fri 19:00)
    Hanoi (Sat 05:00)
    Harare (Sat 00:00)
    Havana (Fri 18:00)
    Helsinki (Sat 01:00)
    Hong Kong (Sat 06:00)
    Honolulu (Fri 12:00)
    Houston (Fri 17:00)
    Indianapolis (Fri 18:00)
    Islamabad (Sat 03:00)
    Istanbul (Sat 01:00)
    Jakarta (Sat 05:00)
    Jerusalem (Sat 01:00)
    Johannesburg (Sat 00:00)
    Kabul (Sat 02:30)
    Karachi (Sat 03:00)
    Kathmandu (Sat 03:45)
    Khartoum (Sat 01:00)
    Kingston (Fri 17:00)
    Kinshasa (Fri 23:00)
    Kiritimati (Sat 12:00)
    Kolkata (Sat 03:30)
    Kuala Lumpur (Sat 06:00)
    Kuwait City (Sat 01:00)
    Kyiv (Sat 01:00)
    La Paz (Fri 18:00)
    Lagos (Fri 23:00)
    Lahore (Sat 03:00)
    Las Vegas (Fri 15:00)
    Lima (Fri 17:00)
    Lisbon (Fri 23:00)
    London (Fri 23:00)
    Los Angeles (Fri 15:00)
    Madrid (Sat 00:00)
    Managua (Fri 16:00)
    Manila (Sat 06:00)
    Melbourne (Sat 08:00)
    Mexico City (Fri 17:00)
    Miami (Fri 18:00)
    Minneapolis (Fri 17:00)
    Minsk (Sat 01:00)
    Montevideo (Fri 19:00)
    Montreal (Fri 18:00)
    Moscow (Sat 02:00)
    Mumbai (Sat 03:30)
    Nairobi (Sat 01:00)
    Nassau (Fri 18:00)
    New Delhi (Sat 03:30)
    New Orleans (Fri 17:00)
    New York (Fri 18:00)
    Oslo (Sat 00:00)
    Ottawa (Fri 18:00)
    Paris (Sat 00:00)
    Perth (Sat 06:00)
    Philadelphia (Fri 18:00)
    Phoenix (Fri 15:00)
    Prague (Sat 00:00)
    Reykjavik (Fri 22:00)
    Rio de Janeiro (Fri 19:00)
    Riyadh (Sat 01:00)
    Rome (Sat 00:00)
    Salt Lake City (Fri 16:00)
    San Francisco (Fri 15:00)
    San Juan (Fri 18:00)
    San Salvador (Fri 16:00)
    Santiago (Fri 19:00)
    Santo Domingo (Fri 18:00)
    São Paulo (Fri 19:00)
    Seattle (Fri 15:00)
    Seoul (Sat 07:00)
    Shanghai (Sat 06:00)
    Singapore (Sat 06:00)
    Sofia (Sat 01:00)
    St. John's (Fri 19:30)
    Stockholm (Sat 00:00)
    Suva (Sat 10:00)
    Sydney (Sat 08:00)
    Taipei (Sat 06:00)
    Tallinn (Sat 01:00)
    Tashkent (Sat 03:00)
    Tegucigalpa (Fri 16:00)
    Tehran (Sat 02:30)
    Tokyo (Sat 07:00)
    Toronto (Fri 18:00)
    Vancouver (Fri 15:00)
    Vienna (Sat 00:00)
    Warsaw (Sat 00:00)
    Washington DC (Fri 18:00)
    Winnipeg (Fri 17:00)
    Yangon (Sat 04:30)
    Zagreb (Sat 00:00)
    Zürich (Sat 00:00)
    Last edited by Mom; 04-18-2014, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Just remember, it's not a tourney or uber competitive match, it is just a friendly game trying to get a few newer players in to the game. The more competitive games will come in time. So for any highly skilled players popping along pleeease don't dominate (as some players have at times) and scare anyone off. Just take it easy and give them plenty of chances. For example, Polarite* should play purely in console

*Some say he is illegal in 17 US states, and that his eyelids blink sideways. All we know is he’s called Polarite
      Last edited by Mr.Burns; 04-19-2014, 12:15 PM.
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

It was like that all evening (super friendly hehe)... with Peg / Jer... even Polarite was just watching to fokin give me a break.

Only you Monty you were such a liar all the time... I'll remember that!

Comment

huh? Maybe there's a language barrier here but I certainly told no lies Mark. In fact other than to say that your unnecessary bad language and abuse just wasn't for me, I hardly spoke to you at all. So feel free to remember whatever you think you heard.
          Last edited by Mr.Burns; 04-19-2014, 12:44 PM.
          Mr.Burns
          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

I think the barrier is that I played you for the 1st time and you always said you were very average but beated my ass all over the place.

I think another barrier is that you don't know me since I'm just joking all the time... in particular during games so if I catch someone with a unsignificant joke I destabilize them and pown them... which is your case right now.

So what now Monty... now be my biatch!

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
            huh? Maybe there's a language barrier here but I certainly told no lies Mark. In fact other than to say that your unnecessary bad language and abuse just wasn't for me, I hardly spoke to you at all. So feel free to remember whatever you think you heard.

Comment

The only reason I beat you was down to the fact that you were pinging 100+, I was pinging 19, and nothing more. The original statement still stands, I am not very good at Quake. Perhaps playing people like Polarite, Dude, Peg, Dolemite, Lefty or Stalker may help broaden your perspective
              I don't really do kiddie speak, but if you feel you now "own" me by using disruptive and abusive tactics, then that's fine. In terms of Quake ability you are far more skilled than I and to be honest resorting to underhand measures just wasn't necessary and was disingenuous. In the end it just meant that I couldn't be bothered to continue with what should have been a good natured sporting game, and so stopped playing within a few frags, and our little game ended before it had really got underway.
              So what now you ask? Well I have no inclination to engage with you any further on this level, on this subject, or play Quake that way. To bring this to a conclusion let's just say that you win whatever it is you think you won, good luck with your quake video making, and you now have one less player to play against or correspond with.
              Life's too short. Let's move on.
              Last edited by Mr.Burns; 04-20-2014, 02:46 PM.
              Mr.Burns

Comment

Sorry I couldn't make it, but Mr. Burns, you're better than you give yourself credit for. That rocket is lethal!
                twitch
                wew lad

Comment

hehehe No probs Omac. Thanks for the thought anyway. Another time maybe? Feel free to pm me if you fancy a game sometime and I'll try and persuade Hammy to join us.

Kind regards

Monty
                  Mr.Burns

Comment

I WAS JUST JOKING WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM MONTY... YOU SUCH A G.I.R.L. (I MIGHT BE JOKING).

Please don't say "anything" I got enough of your drama.

The only reason I beat you was down to the fact that you were pinging 100+, I was pinging 19, and nothing more. The original statement still stands, I am not very good at Quake. Perhaps playing people like Polarite, Dude, Peg, Dolemite, Lefty or Stalker may help broaden your perspective
                    I don't really do kiddie speak, but if you feel you now "own" me by using disruptive and abusive tactics, then that's fine. In terms of Quake ability you are far more skilled than I and to be honest resorting to underhand measures just wasn't necessary and was disingenuous. In the end it just meant that I couldn't be bothered to continue with what should have been a good natured sporting game, and so stopped playing within a few frags, and our little game ended before it had really got underway.
                    So what now you ask? Well I have no inclination to engage with you any further on this level, on this subject, or play Quake that way. To bring this to a conclusion let's just say that you win whatever it is you think you won, good luck with your quake video making, and you now have one less player to play against or correspond with.
                    Life's too short. Let's move on.

Comment

mark plz

Originally posted by Mom View Post
                      I WAS JUST JOKING WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM MONTY... YOU SUCH A G.I.R.L. (I MIGHT BE JOKING).

Please don't say "anything" I got enough of your drama.
                      All you had to say way something along the lines of.

"Sorry. didn't realise what I was saying came off so harshly, I'll try to be less aggressive towards you in future and I hope this doesn't cause any future problems."

I know you don't mean any harm by how you act in game, but not everybody knows that, and for some people it just comes off as really toxic. Which can put people off the game. By this I mean they might just stop playing quake, and I don't really think we can afford that right now considering I thought you wanted more people to play.

But turning around to Burns and being nasty is incredibly low since he is actually going out of his way to have some fun, friendly games so that newcomers don't feel alienated. That was the whole point of the friday night thing.

So yeah, the friday night thing wasn't supposed to be a competitive thing, it was myself and Monty getting some people in for a fun hour or two of action. I did actually say this before. In fact, the whole point was to forget the skill levels and just play.
                      twitch
                      wew lad

Comment

Hi Omac
                        Sometimes you show insight and wisdom well beyond your years
                        Anyway, moving on...
                        Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
                        ....So yeah, the friday night thing wasn't supposed to be a competitive thing, it was myself and Monty getting some people in for a fun hour or two of action. I did actually say this before. In fact, the whole point was to forget the skill levels and just play.
                        You are absolutely right, in that last Friday was aimed at being a newbie friendly night and didn't go as planned. However, in spite of that it was somewhat commandeered a little later and ended up with a USA vs europe battle. Due to the server location, most of the American team appeared to be pinging up to 100 (but we didn't get much in the way of negative feedback in relation to that) and Pol only played to balance the sides and pinged up as a sporting gesture. My apologies but I have no video of this as I was AFK watching a video for most it due to the earlier disruption. I'm sure those that played had some fun and we'll see how that goes.
                        Strangely enough, despite the issues we've discussed, the signs have been reasonably positive so far and the Damage server seems to be catching on with a few players. The ping is for the most part quite low, there are all the maps you can eat and nice friendly admins trying to keep the peace and make sure people behave as they should.

Damage may come in very handy for the next FFA tourney as it could be split between the UK and New York servers in an attempt to cater for players on both sides of the Atlantic fairly.

That said, we would still like to provide a newbie friendly environment and am happy to try and arrange dedicated nights or even server ports to accommodate this (I'm sure Pol would agree ) if we get some interest, so any constructive suggestions would be welcome.

Kind regards

Monty
                        Last edited by Mr.Burns; 04-23-2014, 07:21 AM. Reason: Rampant senility
                        Mr.Burns

Comment

hlo

I have to say this new UK server kicks ass !
                          Pretty cool name aswell

Comment

Hi Omac
                            Sometimes you show insight and wisdom well beyond your years

^ My face when complimented by people I have respect for.

But I should get back to making games, my soon to be father in law wants to play the project I'm working on.

Also, Mark. Don't get the wrong impression by my comments, I'm not trying to start a flame war between us, I just feel like you should be more careful. If it were a competitive server I would understand somewhat, but it wasn't.

Anyway, I'm getting back to work.

Kind Regards
                            Benjamin MacKnight
                            "OMacKnight"

(It felt appropriate to have that on the end.)
                            twitch
                            wew lad

Comment

Originally posted by jer View Post
                              hlo

I have to say this new UK server kicks ass !
                              Pretty cool name aswell
                              Monty gave me that name !
                              Cool name indeed :-)

What Usa vs Euro concerns I could add a port 26001 if needed...
                              Main goal of Damage_UK is to attract new players from Euro and Usa on a friendly based server where people can play ffa,rocket-arena,midair,headhunters and match if teams and pings are balanced...
                              There is no fun in playing matches when the result is 200-3 or so...
                              My servers for the gamers:
                              bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
                              port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
                              Offline ATM
                              fvf.servequake.com
                              flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                              Offline ATM
                              newdm.servequake.com
                              port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                              sigpic

Comment

It might be interesting to try a new Map or 2. If Xeno, Peg, or Stalker ( or any other talented mapper ) are reading this and have something suitable you would like to test or showcase on either New York, Damage, Flanders or Bigfoot please let me know.
                                Kind regards

Monty
                                Mr.Burns

Comment

Working...
                                X